Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
without igpu fake id no hardware acceleration (in FCPX or...)?
yes without you wont hardware acceleration in fcpx or safari for example while watching youtube videos. you can confirm it working by VDADecoderCheckerSierra. Why do you need to have this acceleration? it will help the cpu itself to outsource some pf the decodings to igpu.

That's where I put the kexts. I am going to try /System/Library/Extensions tonight. I didn't have time last night.
Yes maybe you should try that as well. but I simply have only in one place and it works.

I'm having quite the interesting issue on HS 10.13 PB3 - Fresh install in APFS with identical setup and minor changes to config.plist in different version of Clover (4128 on HS vs. 4035 on Sierra) will only boot with RX 480 to one screen. My completely working installation on 10.12.6 loads both screens no problem. IORegistryExplorer shows both connections in Sierra and only one in High Sierra using the same framebuffer (Dayman, the default I guess) but on different connectors. I'm using skylake with iMac17,1 SMBIOS with Lilu, WhateverGreen, and IntelGraphicsFixup for video output. Has anyone else run into this issue or would know how to troubleshoot it?

I'm encountering some weird glitching that happens during video playback ... relatively repeatable on certain youtube videos and causes horizontal lines to glitch across parts of the screen. Stops immediately if I stop video playback. Oddly I never encountered this prior to the WhateverGreen fix so I suspect it is related. If I enable h264 acceleration via intel video, the problem almost goes away entirely, but then final cut starts crashing again. Luckily Skylake processor alone is capable of playing back nearly any video without acceleration, so I guess I won't worry about it too much right now.
Some combination of flags in AMD7000Controller.kext may have fixed my video playback glitching issues.

I simply copied over some of the CFG and PP flags that were set in the MacPro framebuffers (Kani,Ikura,Maguro ... I used Kani) into the defaults section. This included:

CFG_USE_READ_VALIDATION
PP_MediumStateDownHysteresisTimeOut
PP_SISLANDSMediumStateHysteresisDown

I also set PP_DisablePowerContainment to 1.

Remember, I'm using a FirePro W9000 and Radeon 7970, both of which are close if not identical to the D700 in a MacPro 6,1.

Not sure which of these was the magic bullet yet.

It's also important to note that it seems getting the multi stream cables in the right order relative to the ports on the card is important. If a display glitches often or fails to initialize properly when resuming from sleep, swapping the cable order seems to help.

I'm having quite the interesting issue on HS 10.13 PB3 - Fresh install in APFS with identical setup and minor changes to config.plist in different version of Clover (4128 on HS vs. 4035 on Sierra) will only boot with RX 480 to one screen. My completely working installation on 10.12.6 loads both screens no problem. IORegistryExplorer shows both connections in Sierra and only one in High Sierra using the same framebuffer (Dayman, the default I guess) but on different connectors. I'm using skylake with iMac17,1 SMBIOS with Lilu, WhateverGreen, and IntelGraphicsFixup for video output. Has anyone else run into this issue or would know how to troubleshoot it?

For HS try Framebuffer Orinoco? Mork mentioned it earlier and I've used it to get full audio in High Sierra, the multiple screen issue may be HS related. I heard it worked in HS pb2 but not in pb3.

Yes maybe you should try that as well. but I simply have only in one place and it works.

In the Clover folder?

Do I have to enter an IGPU Fake ID even though the IGPU is disabled to the hardware acceleration to work??

For HS try Framebuffer Orinoco? Mork mentioned it earlier and I've used it to get full audio in High Sierra, the multiple screen issue may be HS related. I heard it worked in HS pb2 but not in pb3.
This may be a dumb question, but how are you selecting the framebuffer? WhateverGreen's FAQ says not to use the Clover framebuffer selector, but I don't know how to choose one otherwise. And reading back further I just saw the same thing - lack of multimonitor support in PB3 while it was present in PB2. Apparently external monitors are bugged in iMacs on HS Betas.

WhateverGreen v1.0.2 - New release
  • Added more GPU models to automatic detection
  • Added basic automatic HDMI audio correction
  • Fixed WhateverName os version requirements
  • Disabled connector ordering by default (use connector-priority if needed)
  • Changed connector-priority default type importance
  • Added version info for easier debugging
Releases: https://github.com/vit9696/WhateverGreen/releases
FAQ: https://github.com/vit9696/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.en.md
https://github.com/vit9696/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.en.md
VIT9696 is working hard these days.
In name of all hackintosh community, thank you very much for your contribution.
You rock!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back