Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Edit: Multiple displays at once is still a problem, unless you are using the same display with both the DP and HDMI connectors connected to it. And worse, Audio has disappeared. In the previous beta, HDAU showed up in IOReg for the card, but in this one it is missing, I have not tried to use a SSDT file to see if that will bring it back yet. Overall, it looks like this is a big step backwards as far as Graphics and Audio as issues. Maybe after it sits over night, it will show up. :).
Using a SSDT file re-enables audio with HDAU properly attaching to the PCI graphics card. Whew! The naming in the Sound Preferences Panel is slightly off, if you only have a DisplayPort monitor attached, the type is listed as DisplayPort, if you have both DP and HDMI cables attached to the same monitor -- it still does not work trying to attach to separate monitors --, both connections types are listed as HDMI. Using only the HDMI connector, the type is listed as HDMI. The audio sounds fine, but I have not tried sending the audio to an a/v receiver set-up yet. I have no reason to believe at this point there should be a problem in doing that.

Edit: Note that when both cables are attached to the same monitor, the type is listed as HDMI for both connections, but the audio only works for the actual HDMI connection, the DP connection does not get audio, when the DP connection is the only one, then the DisplayPort audio works properly.

TRIM is not yet working as easily as it did in 10.12, if you try the trimforce enable command with a SATA connected SSD, it will go through the motions of trying to turn TRIM on, but it does not actually do it. I have read there is a patch for this , so it may not be a big deal yet.

This is the listing for the Acre frame buffer in this 10.13 PB release:

Code:
Acre (3) @ 0x121cb0
DP, HDMI, DDVI
So far, I have not had much time to do more than glance at it, but it looks a lot like the previous one(s), so it may take some time to get the patch for the frame buffer sorted out and working. Or not ...

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Update:

After some reboots and shut-downs --> start ups, the system is settling down a bit.

[RX 460]

Audio is working with the SSDT file in place, the Sound Preferences Pane now knows what kind of connection is in place, i.e. it knows that a DisplayPort is being used instead of calling everything a HDMI type.

Mirrors Displays does not work yet. What appears on the monitors is a horrid mess.

Using Inject-ATI = true without naming a frame buffer uses the Acre frame buffer AND the HDMI connector works with full graphics and audio. (This is with Clover version 4128.) But the DisplayPort connector gets no signal (DVI connector untested so far), so it looks like there is some slight work to be done to get the connectors working correctly. However, this might require gazing into the crystal ball to see what Apple is going to do regarding the multiple monitors and display mirroring issues (or even if they do anything at all) as any changes they make will affect patching. But using the previous Acre patch does not work at all.

Errata: WIFI and ethernet are working fine, I did not need to make any changes from the ones the previous betas required. TRIM support is looking like it will require a patch to get it working.

Motherboard
ASRock Z270 Super Carrier
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
RX460 / RX480 NITRO
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey folks, finally some coders did it! We have FULL working AMD RX card without the need of any helper card (iGPU included):

there is a new version of LILU kext (v1.1.6) availlable and a new PlugIn for it: WhateverGreen (v1.0)
With them you will be able to disable iGPU completely and CSM disabled in BIOS and you will still get this after verbose booting:

and within HIGHSIERRA you will also get full 8-channel AUDIO-via-HDMI:

under HIGH SIERRA you will have to use "-radbeta" as bootargument. HDMI-AUDIO only with ORINOCO Framebuffer.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 3
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
MacBook, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
I've updated 10.12.3 to 10.12.6 with the combo updater very fast and without any issues.
The system works like before (as far i can tell) and Luxmark 3.0 shows a result of 14220.

I don't know if there's anything else to do. I didn't touch any settings since 10.12.2 / 3 back in January @jerryy2345 and @Gigamaxx told me to use. I also haven't updated any hackintosh tools if needed.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-GAMING 3
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro RX 480 OC
Mac
MacBook Pro
Hey folks, finally some coders did it! We have FULL working AMD RX card without the need of any helper card (iGPU included):

there is a new version of LILU kext (v1.1.6) availlable and a new PlugIn for it: WhateverGreen (v1.0)
With them you will be able to disable iGPU completely and CSM disabled in BIOS and you will still get this after verbose booting:
Confirmed working, 10.12.6. I dropped new Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext into my /EFI/Clover/Kext/Other folder, set my RX480 to primary display in BIOS. I have inject-intel enabled in Clover.

Yes, I have a 970 in here too, testing some other stuff. Should probably remove it now...

BIOS+Clover+kernel verbose all displayed via the RX480, system booted up with no issues.

Motherboard
ASUS B150-I PRO GAMING/WIFI/AURA
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
Vega 64/ HD 530
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro

under HIGH SIERRA you will have to use "-radbeta" as bootargument. HDMI-AUDIO only with ORINOCO Framebuffer.
Amazing! AMD Fury working macOS High Sierra 10.3.beta 4. withtout (iGPU included). Metal support missing!

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I've updated 10.12.3 to 10.12.6 with the combo updater very fast and without any issues.
The system works like before (as far i can tell) and Luxmark 3.0 shows a result of 14220.

I don't know if there's anything else to do. I didn't touch any settings since 10.12.2 / 3 back in January @jerryy2345 and @Gigamaxx told me to use. I also haven't updated any hackintosh tools if needed.
"Don't fix what ain't broke" :)

Motherboard
ASUS X99 Pro USB 3.1
CPU
i7-6800K
Graphics
RX480+HD5750

Kudos for keeping the topic front and center @Mork_vom_Ork ! I hope I can finally catch up!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.