Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same problem the first time that I tried to make my RX 480 and the problem was that was in the x8 slot, are you trying to move to the x16 slot? or before work without problem in that slot?

Using a Xeon CPU no igpu graphics so the pci lanes are 8x one for helper and one for the RX. This may be the issue though. I have same problem with X99 type system and only 8 pcie lanes available for RX.

Displayport issue is ALWAYS related to FramBuffer mismatch configuration. Nothing else.
How to get the right FrameBuffer patch is explained enough here within the forum. You just need to look at the right places.
And FrameBuffer patching is no weird science, but also nothing you could learn between yet and now.

You have to read carefully the instructions and you have to UNDERSTAND about what you read.
Only than the given information will be selfexplained.

Displayport issue is ALWAYS related to FramBuffer mismatch configuration. Nothing else.
How to get the right FrameBuffer patch is explained enough here within the forum. You just need to look at the right places.
And FrameBuffer patching is no weird science, but also nothing you could learn between yet and now.

You have to read carefully the instructions and you have to UNDERSTAND about what you read.
Only than the given information will be selfexplained.
Thank you,mork.
I'll read again.

I have bought a Radeon RX 480, any step by step to install it on OS X 10.12.5 ?

Try first using clover ATI fake ID 0x67EF1002 in graphics settings in boot menu. Sometimes it works, some cards may not.

If not you can search "Enabling AMD RX 4xx cards in sierra" to do it manually, it's not difficult the key is to always use kext wizard before you reboot, and set SIP to disabled. Some people need to boot into recovery partition and use terminal "csrutil disable" without quotation marks to disable it completely. I never have issues and I only use booter config 0x28 and active csr config 0x67 which normally disables sip and allows acceleration.

Try first using clover ATI fake ID 0x67EF1002 in graphics settings in boot menu. Sometimes it works, some cards may not.

If not you can search "Enabling AMD RX 4xx cards in sierra" to do it manually, it's not difficult the key is to always use kext wizard before you reboot, and set SIP to disabled. Some people need to boot into recovery partition and use terminal "csrutil disable" without quotation marks to disable it completely. I never have issues and I only use booter config 0x28 and active csr config 0x67 which normally disables sip and allows acceleration.

Do I have to enable iGPU ? or I can use it alone like I did with my Radeon 7950? my new Radeon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VSWDK2H/?tag=tonymacx86com-20)
Would you mind sharing clover config ?

Do I have to enable iGPU ? or I can use it alone like I did with my Radeon 7950? my new Radeon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VSWDK2H/?tag=tonymacx86com-20)
Would you mind sharing clover config ?

The best performance will be with igpu, in dedicated graphics or peg mode you need a helper card. If you have dual bios there is a Vbios flash you can use to allow dedicated graphics mode. This may be risky if you are not careful, but it's doable. If you don't have a dual bios card then it's riskier.

Start with igpu as primary display output and get it working first and then there are more options to improve performance CU limit fix and showing correct ID in about this Mac.

Hi

Been trying to work out how to get my 480 to work but no success in 10.12.5.
hopefully you haven't done any HD 530 graphics fixes yet.

Gigamaxx, are you saying that the fixes for hd530 that I had to do to get 12.5 to boot, are stopping me from getting the rx480 to work? Sorry to butt in on someone else's post but thought it might relate to me also.

I'm a complete noob to this btw, so sorry for a very vague question

Last edited:
Hi, how can I use Radeon Hd 8970m on my Sierra hacktintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back