Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
480 work like a 280 and is experimental. Glitches. Little problems. Black screen. Igpu issues. Patches...
No, there is no 9500 or 9510 kext in El Capitan

It's just a 2core pentium and a RX 480 reference card no overclocking but It it works well. I configure my clover very lightly with minimal injections and do most of my configuration in the kexts. Most RX 480s will reach the 125000-130000 mark with a basic setup and using the 36CU fix. Search "Enabking All Cores AMD Fury Cards" and follow Flor!ans post with the correct numbers. I made a picture guide a few pages later which should make it easy.

Clover injection = changing kexts at every boot.
Kext editing = changing the kexts once after an update.

Hey folks!
I haven't been here for almost 1,5 months, and i'm still on the config of mid February without any modifications.
I'm still using 10.12.3 and saw that 10.12.4 was going public.
Worth to update to the .4 overlay? Any positives compared to .3 in terms of performance, audio via DP (RX480), or similar?

@FCPXusers...
There's FCPX 10.3.3; Motion 5.3.2; Compressor 4.3.2 released since the 15th.
I'm currently updating...

Sleep has died for my Haswell systems, Skylake as well having problems. RX 480 support is still there but you have to use the 9510controller kext they removed the 9500 controller kext. Also, you have to update clover if you are doing clover injection fixes. To me 12.3 was the golden edition everything worked, sleep, RX support, easy to read the kexts. Now they have made numerous changes and the only good thing is that Skylake graphics don't need any glitch fixes.

We already enabled the 36CU fix back in January/February, do you remember?
I just get headache that you outperformed my i7 Skylake with auto-elastic but stable Turbo Mode up to 4,6GHz, 32GB RAM and Powercolor Red Devil RX480 8GB in default clocking. You shouldn't do this man! :D
But probably it's because i already pumped deeper configurations and installed lot's of applications on this productive system since you probably just use it for testing purposes. who knows.

Sometimes less is more. I found that overclocking my CPU too much reduced my benchmarks in open CL (Luxmark and Geekbench) but increased it in open Gl like Uningine. Try 4.0 ghz CPU and run the geeek. It may be higher.

The CU limit fix still works in 12.5.but only the first 2 edits, the Ellesmere doesn't take anymore.

@Gigamaxx No, i'm not trying 480 in el capitan. I use to work everyday and I cant take so much time to test kext from Sierra to Captain. What I am saying, for people interested in video performance, Captain works a lot faster than Sierra. Excepto if you can talk with Siri :lol:

macOS Sierra 10.12.5 Public Beta v3 (16F60a) is available.

The 9510 controller and 4100 kext have been updated to version 1.51.7. The only frame buffer listed is Berbice. The 4100 kext info lists <string>0x67E01002 0x67FF1002 0x67EF1002</string>

Geekbench 12.5 v3 + atm.png

We're Good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back