Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
macOS 10.12.5 Public Beta V2 (16F54b) is available.

The AMD Apple 9510 Controller and 4100 kexts have been updated to version 1.51.6 .
Audio is still the same.

Yes that's what I did. I might try changing the ID to EF in the bios to see if I don't need to inject the device id in clover any longer.

I try changing the ID to EF in the RX480 bios:
- Correct working of GPU FANS , just stop working at low load...
- Windows won't boot
- GPU Unrecognized by Motherboard

Need help!
The RX480 monitor black screen,I don't know why. the dispaly via dp.

Attachments

• 屏幕快照 2017-04-13 00.22.40.png
    屏幕快照 2017-04-13 00.22.40.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 121
Maybe we should write to AMD and ask them to write drivers to compete with NVIDIA

i think it is worth a try. with modular mac pros in the making, driver support is essential if you want customers to buy your stuff. nvidia owned this market, since it existed, died, and got revived by apples new plans.

i will write an email to amd. i'm not expecting an answer, it will either happen, or won't - like pascal drivers.

Can someone paste a 480 x config sys (only the GPU part) with the changes up to date in 12.10.4?
I am doing something wrong with the copy and paste editing the config.

Off topic: poor test results with Pascal in Open Cl ;) We have to love AMD and the black screen.

Can someone paste a 480 x config sys (only the GPU part) with the changes up to date in 12.10.4?
I am doing something wrong with the copy and paste editing the config.

Off topic: poor test results with Pascal in Open Cl ;) We have to love AMD and the black screen.

You need to add the 0x67DF1002 to the 9510 controllerkext as well as 4100kext info.plists. They both need to be edited. They removed the 9500controllerkext which had the 67df definition.

However, for some their cards are working well by just using ATI fake ID 0x67EF1002 in clover. If that works then you don't need to do the editing to the kexts. This may not work for all cards, but for me it works by adding fake ID and not injecting ATI. Also, 12.4 may require updating clover to a newer version as the old ones are reporting bugs.

You need to add the 0x67DF1002 to the 9510 controllerkext as well as 4100kext info.plists. They both need to be edited. They removed the 9500controllerkext which had the 67df definition.

However, for some their cards are working well by just using ATI fake ID 0x67EF1002 in clover. If that works then you don't need to do the editing to the kexts. This may not work for all cards, but for me it works by adding fake ID and not injecting ATI. Also, 12.4 may require updating clover to a newer version as the old ones are reporting bugs.

Thanks.
What happen with the Mork patches in Clover? Are working? I remember were 3 or 4 modifications that works like a charm. I am reading all thread looking for that :)

29 topics and threads talking about 480!

Last edited:
Thanks.
What happen with the Mork patches in Clover? Are working? I remember were 3 or 4 modifications that works like a charm. I am reading al thread looking for that :)

I think he had to reconfigure them a bit for 12.4 but they are working last I heard.

My methodology has been the kext edit (manually). I try to keep a very lean clover configuration.

Manual edit = (1 time edit of the kext per update). Faster boot time.

Clover injection = ( edit the kext at every boot). Slower boot time (more variables, edits during the boot process).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back