Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to download the 10.12.3 upgrade with out installing, my stable system is on 10.12.0 and I want the upgrade so I can play with the RX480 a bit more? Sorry for a bit off topic

Yes, but you will need to get to it before the new 10.12.4 is released, which could be quite soon. Go the the MAS (Mac App Store) and download the latest Sierra OS (10.12.3). When it starts to install, just quit the installer. You will then have the installer app in your Applications folder. Use at your leisure. It is a little over 4.7 GB, so it can take a while to download.

ok I'm able to boot into interface when i unplug my helper card (nvidia GT710), the fans stop rotating when i get to the login screen (without the login), i haven't heard the fans as of yet, so i'm a little worried the card will overheat),i've had a kernel panic (system restarted itself) and the PCIe lanes seem to be not right in system profile.

The main thing i'm worried about so far is the lack of fans moving!

How can i test if this things running ok?

Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 12.10.24 am.png Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 12.10.38 am.png Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 12.10.55 am.png

mb drivers work more proper with fan stop until 60 degree heat?

ok I'm able to boot into interface when i unplug my helper card (nvidia GT710), the fans stop rotating when i get to the login screen (without the login), i haven't heard the fans as of yet, so i'm a little worried the card will overheat),i've had a kernel panic (system restarted itself) and the PCIe lanes seem to be not right in system profile.

The main thing i'm worried about so far is the lack of fans moving!

How can i test if this things running ok?

You can try HWMonitor, but I am not certain how well it will work with the Polaris cards. You will need to install HWMonitor as well as the HW Sensors -- I think this is still part of MultiBeast, a quick search will let you know.

I did notice in your screen shots that you do not have the monitor attached to your AMD card set as the primary card (you have the NVidea card listed). You can change that in the Displays Preference Pane if you wish.

Yes I changed this now as I was wondering where all of my desktop items went!

A question concerning Clover and Audio:

I see in following additions to an upcoming version of Clover, (https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/4023/)
Code:
+//#define HDA_ATI_AAE8        HDA_MODEL_CONSTRUCT(ATI, 0xaae8) /* ATI HDMI */
+//#define HDA_ATI_AAE0        HDA_MODEL_CONSTRUCT(ATI, 0xaae0) /* ATI HDMI */
+//#define HDA_ATI_AAF0        HDA_MODEL_CONSTRUCT(ATI, 0xaaf0) /* ATI HDMI */
that audio codecs for AMD Polaris cards are being added.

I realize this can change before being released, etc., etc. but it is good news. My questions are: How does one access stuff like this? Is there a Clover.plist entry that needs to be added and configured or is it all part of the auto-magical way of doing things?

Just upgraded to SIERRA 10.12.4 beta4 (build 16E175b) and even with IGPU as (primary) helper card,
i no longer have any Display connected to my RX480 detected - so all screens stay black after booting to the desktop !!!
Well, not all: IGPU screen works normally <--- otherwise i wasn't able to make this post ;-)

Look here:
Bildschirmfoto_2017_02_27_um_23_04_49.png

Card gets fully detected and initialized, also the framebuffer was correct detected, but:
Bildschirmfoto_2017_02_27_um_23_05_01.png

NONE of my conncted screens where initilized and still stay black (telling me "no signal detected, going to sleep soon").
Also see here that both cards where fully detected:
Bildschirmfoto_2017_02_27_um_23_05_25.png

Same hardware constallation, restarted booting SIERRA 10.12.4 beta3 again: all is working normal, as always in the past - all screens show up with loaded Desktop.

so my final thoughts: HOUSTON, we have the next big problem. Could anyone confirm this behaviour?

PS: there is one big change in the AMDRadeonX4100.kext - many small 1 or 2 byte changes, but also a deletion of 1.6 kilobytes of code:
Bildschirmfoto_2017_02_27_um_23_51_07.png

Have to investigate on what this coder formerly was doing/good for. But this could be a reason for what i have noticed lately (discribed above).

Are you injecting ATI?

I just started a new build with old parts, my pentium g3258 and AMD 5450. The 5450 needs a info.plist mod in the 5000 controller and the 3000kext. Without it I can't get acceleration. This 12.4 is going through some serious changes. The legacy Framebuffer kext is new maybe they're still moving things around the only ID in the 5000 controller for cedar is 0x68EO1002 I had to add 0x68F91002 to get it to load and then add the same to the 3000 kext.

IMG_2403.JPG IMG_2395.JPG
My bugout hack! A $10 computer case, $50 CPU, $50 mobo, $35 vCard, $30 wifi.

I'm getting some kernel panics (well straight resets) not sure, it could be updated Clover or installing RX480, what's some good ways to work out where these bugs are?

Are you injecting ATI?

I just started a new build with old parts, my pentium g3258 and AMD 5450. The 5450 needs a info.plist mod in the 5000 controller and the 3000kext. Without it I can't get acceleration. This 12.4 is going through some serious changes. The legacy Framebuffer kext is new maybe they're still moving things around the only ID in the 5000 controller for cedar is 0x68EO1002 I had to add 0x68F91002 to get it to load and then add the same to the 3000 kext.

View attachment 239066 View attachment 239067
My bugout hack! A $10 computer case, $50 CPU, $50 mobo, $35 vCard, $30 wifi.

That is some cutting edge mobile computing! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back