Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
?
Look into an AMD 5450 2gb, I picked one up for $35 US at microcenter. You need to put it in the first slot and then put the RX in the second slot and the 5450 or whatever you choose will act as igpu and activate the RX card. The R9 270x will work as well, most of the Pitcairn are compatible. Check out some inexpensive cards or if you have the money you can look at a better card. I chose the 5450 because it had 2gb, and run on 75. Watts from the pcie slot so no extra power cable was required.

One hacker used a gtx 1070 pascal for Windows, and had a RAx 480 in second slot for Sierra. I've used a Nvidia 8400gs as a igpu in dedicated pcie slot graphics.

Did you hear the fans spin when you booted to a blank screen while trying this?

Look for a card and list it and I can see if it has "native support" in Sierra. It doesn't need native support but it makes it easier to run and sleep may work better.
Alright, Thanks, so I only need to put an extra native sierra card in slot 1 and my RX480 in slot2 and my rx480 will be immediately recognized, without me doing anything else. ( as long as my x4100 kext has 67DF in the kext plist?

It should work! Do you have any old cards laying around?
Thanks, but didn't work, tried amd 5450, and 5750, both native, bombed on boot. Really got to be a better way. This is my 4th hack since 10.6 and I have never had this much trouble. Thanks for your time really!

Thanks, but didn't work, tried amd 5450, and 5750, both native, bombed on boot. Really got to be a better way. This is my 4th hack since 10.6 and I have never had this much trouble. Thanks for your time really!

I noticed in your boot arguments that you have nv_disable, this is for Nvidia cards, remove it and maybe try adding dart=0, for graphics don't inject ATI or Nvidia or Intel just let it ride.

How many slots do you have you may want to remove the RX and get the 5450 going first and then find the right slot for the RX card. Someone mentioned they need to be in 16 lane or 4 lane slot, some have 8 and may not be compatible. You should be able to get the 5450 working on its own no problem.

I noticed in your boot arguments that you have nv_disable, this is for Nvidia cards, remove it and maybe try adding dart=0, for graphics don't inject ATI or Nvidia or Intel just let it ride.

How many slots do you have you may want to remove the RX and get the 5450 going first and then find the right slot for the RX card. Someone mentioned they need to be in 16 lane or 4 lane slot, some have 8 and may not be compatible. You should be able to get the 5450 working on its own no problem.
tried it didn't work, thanks

tried it didn't work, thanks

Did you try to follow any X99 in Sierra build threads, there may be bios and other clover settings you need to use for Sierra? Use search tool "X99 in sierra" you should be able to get it working with a 5450 alone first, and then add the RX and fixes for it later. Have you had this system working in other OSX versions?

Did you try to follow any X99 in Sierra build threads, there may be bios and other clover settings you need to use for Sierra? Use search tool "X99 in sierra" you should be able to get it working with a 5450 alone first, and then add the RX and fixes for it later. Have you had this system working in other OSX versions?
I'll get back later, I'll read some of the other threads you mentioned. I appreciate all your help, and everyone else's too. Take care, I'll report back

Wccftech put this out on the Vega 10 cards. A dual gpu coming out in late 2017?
IMG_2305.JPG

This could be cool! Maybe Macs will finally be able to play games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back