Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
This is a real mac, 3,1 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon.
I don't know if you can use Clover bootloader to fake a Mac Pro 5.1 definition, but we hackintoshers can't use the 3.1 def in sierra.

It may also be the card, can you exchange for a Gigabyte or Sapphire card?

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390-E
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
No, just one to RX and one to IGPU. Are you getting HD 4600 @1536mb with metal?
I figured it out. Looks like I am getting 1536MB with metal support, but it says Iris Pro instead of HD4600. Might that be the issue?

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 5.15.03 PM.png

It does seem like in some situations FCPX is trying to use the built-in HD4nnn graphics accelerators and this is causing the crashing. There has been some success reported with using a patch to disable the HD4nnn accelerators (beyond just using inject-intel = false in your config.plist.) Have you tried that yet?
@jerryy2345 Thank you for your comments. I did a search and I wasn't able to find anything about disabling HD4600 accelerators. I'm willing to try it though.

Motherboard
MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon
CPU
Intel Core i5 6600K
Graphics
AMD RX 480
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi guys, so I used to contribute to this thread early in the pages ~40-50 or something like this and my RX480 is doing great so far but I am currently experiencing sleep issues which could be GFX related but I am not sure.

So my question is: has anyone working sleep with the Sapphire RX480 because my Hackintosh reboots (or at least tries to reboot -> blackscreen) after like 40 minutes in sleepmode.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390-E
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi guys, so I used to contribute to this thread early in the pages ~40-50 or something like this and my RX480 is doing great so far but I am currently experiencing sleep issues which could be GFX related but I am not sure.

So my question is: has anyone working sleep with the Sapphire RX480 because my Hackintosh reboots (or at least tries to reboot -> blackscreen) after like 40 minutes in sleepmode.
My sleep is working without issue (of course I have IGPU as primary in BIOS). Sapphire RX 480 8GB reference card.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I figured it out. Looks like I am getting 1536MB with metal support, but it says Iris Pro instead of HD4600. Might that be the issue?

View attachment 223291

@jerryy2345 Thank you for your comments. I did a search and I wasn't able to find anything about disabling HD4600 accelerators. I'm willing to try it though.
I have to take off for a while, I should be able to track down the patch when I get back. It is here on this site dealing with Safari Sierra problems.

But, in the mean time, the screen you are showing should not be there if you have inject-intel set to false in your Clover config.plist, it should be a very generic type (Gigamaxx can show it if he gets here first.) it could be that you have a strange character in your file that is corripting the config settings which causes Clover to use its default values -- one of which is inject-intel is set to be true.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390-E
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have to take off for a while, I should be able to track down the patch when I get back. It is here on this site dealing with Safari Sierra problems.

But, in the mean time, the screen you are showing should not be there if you have inject-intel set to false in your Clover config.plist, it should be a very generic type (Gigamaxx can show it if he gets here first.) it could be that you have a strange character in your file that is corripting the config settings which causes Clover to use its default values -- one of which is inject-intel is set to be true.
Oh that patch. Yes I did that on @Gigamaxx suggestion. It fixed an issue I had with video playback in Safari (that I didn't know existed because I exclusively use Chrome). It had no effect on the FCPX issue.

Iris Pro has been showing up instead of HD4600 for some time now (on a R9 280x card too) BTB has. It caused issues that I have noticed other that when I upgraded FCPX to 10.3. I wonder where I can look to find that faulty confit setting...

I have a question-When I first built this machine I set it up with Multibeast inject Intel because I didn't have discrete graphics. After adding the R9 280x I think I used Clover Configurator to add Inject ATI and I don't know if there is some config file from Multibeast that is not playing nice with Clover settings. Is that possible? If so, where can I find that and change it?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac

View attachment 223291

I have a MSI cubi with a broadwell i3 it has HD 5500 graphics in Windows but loads Iris pro 6100 in sierra with 30 bit color.

Intel Iris graphics are generally top notch or top shelf Intel graphics on their cpus. This may be the issue because I believe that have or require more processing units than are available to the CPU. However if you get it to work it may fix the issue. Try to get the CPU graphics loaded with the 30 bit color ARGB2101010 I think that's what may be holding you back. Apple uses Iris graphics natively so if you can get it to work correctly it should provide better performance than the HD 4600 which is not supported natively.

Interesting, because my broadwell gets the 30 bit support and works very well even though I know the CPU only has half the capacity that it should.

Look in your clover main partition file in EFI backup folder. You may also check OEM folder in EFI partition (use EFIMounter, available here @ Tonymac in downloads section) Multibeast may have added contrary clover commands to what you're doing now, that could be it.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac

I read about using boot a argument for sleep on my Skylake rig darkwake=8, I use dart=0 darkwake=8 for boot arguments. For binaries I only select applertcpatch. For APCI patching fixdisplay and fix USB. I'm not sure about sound but everything else works after wake, as I use a USB sound card (Sabrient) which works as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.