Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra PB: Need testers for new AMD Radeon drivers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mac OS X Mountain Lion
CPU
3,1 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
As a workaround, you could configure Clover to auto-boot OS X and use the system pref pane in OS X to boot into Windows/Linux.
lol, my strategy is spamming F12 during boot and the pressing 3 times arrow down key (my windows drive is the 4th item in the list) and then just hoping it will boot into windows. so far I have never missed :)

Motherboard
Asrock Z68 Extreame4
CPU
i7 2600
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Do you think there are chances that it would be like to work in the future? :)

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
^^^
Who knows. But people are working on it right now, but the issue seems difficult to solve. I don't see any reason why it won't be solved at some point, but it may take time.

Motherboard
GA-H170M-DS3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
AMD RX 480
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hey @Gigamaxx can you check my info.plist from my x4001 kext? I think I am doing wrong, tried disabling inject intel from the last clover version and just inject ATI, tried the MSI Guide from here too, but get the same: never get the login screen

I make this steps:

1. Download Kext Utility
  2. Go to /System/Library/Extension and Right Click to AMDRadeonX4100.kext and modify the info.plist
  3. Run Kext Utility
System:
i5-6500
GA-H170M-DS3H
XFX RX 480 8gb

Attached the info.plist and the backup info.plist.

Attachments

qbe

Motherboard
Asus X299 Deluxe
CPU
i7 7820X
Graphics
Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse
Perhaps the problem is a combination of truetype fonts and scaling (HiDPI).
If i understand well you are not sending monitor full 4k resolution. That is why its not crisp as your monitor scales your resolution to 4k - you are not watching pixel for pixel. Monitors have mostly bad scalers.

The rest of your problems can have various reasons.

CPU
i5 8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey @Gigamaxx can you check my info.plist from my x4001 kext? I think I am doing wrong, tried disabling inject intel from the last clover version and just inject ATI, tried the MSI Guide from here too, but get the same: never get the login screen

I make this steps:

1. Download Kext Utility
  2. Go to /System/Library/Extension and Right Click to AMDRadeonX4100.kext and modify the info.plist
  3. Run Kext Utility
System:
i5-6500
GA-H170M-DS3H
XFX RX 480 8gb

I also have same issue. The boot screen hung before login screen appear. I disabled Intel inject, ATI Inject, and AHCI/FixDisplay.

Asus P8P67 evo
E3 1230 v1
Sapphire RX470 4G
Clover r3949

Attachments

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac

I make this steps:

1. Download Kext Utility
  3. Run Kext Utility
System:
i5-6500
GA-H170M-DS3H
XFX RX 480 8gb

When you right click on the 4100kext and then open contents, you need to remove the info.plist from folder and place on desktop. edit the info.plist and then replace to folder. You should get "Authenticate" and "replace" options before using password, then run kext tool. If the info.plist goes back to folder but you only get "Authentication" and then password then its in the wrong location. Hit cancel and move info.plist directly above the contents folder until you get both prompts.
I cannot open the new info.plist just the original and the fix looks correct.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-H170M-DS3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
AMD RX 480
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
When you right click on the 4100kext and then open contents, you need to remove the info.plist from folder and place on desktop. edit the info.plist and then replace to folder. You should get "Authenticate" and "replace" options before using password, then run kext tool. If the info.plist goes back to folder but you only get "Authentication" and then password then its in the wrong location. Hit cancel and move info.plist directly above the contents folder until you get both prompts.
Yeah I do that, I get the "Authenticate" and the "Replace" and before reboot my computer I move to the trash the info.plist that are on my desktop, I dont know why I can't get run my RX 480

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170M D3H
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
RX 480
Mac
iMac
Yeah I do that, I get the "Authenticate" and the "Replace" and before reboot my computer I move to the trash the info.plist that are on my desktop, I dont know why I can't get run my RX 480
Which version of clover are you using? I haven't tried 3949, only 3923 as the latest to work for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.