Integrated
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys,

this is my first attempt on doing a custom Mac. Trying to replace my outdated mac mini with something powerfull. I followed the buying guidelines and went for:
1. MSI Z270 SLI PLUS
2. i7-7700k
3. SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB SSD
4. Seagate Barracuda 1TB
5. Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR 4 RAM (2x8GB)
6. No graphics card

In the BIOS I checked if everything is alright, and it is. All components found.

I created the USB boot device with UniBeast 7, and copied MultiBeast Sierra edition on it. The Sierra installator i got from my mac mini.

I followed the installation guide. To speak the truth i did not find the option "Load optimized defaults" in the BIOS setup, but i suppose the board comes from factory with defaults. Everything else i found and i get to Clover. But I never get to the installator, the Apple logo shows, USB is doing something, but then it stops and freezes.

When i select the verbose option I get stuck on this messages, based on what options(googled some of the problems) , more in the images below.

I think then installator might not be good, so i will try to replace that next.

Appreciate any help! Thx in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_1736.jpg
    IMG_1736.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,805
  • IMG_1741.jpg
    IMG_1741.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,468
  • IMG_1743.jpg
    IMG_1743.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,299
  • IMG_1744.jpg
    IMG_1744.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,293
  • IMG_1740.jpg
    IMG_1740.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,349
@memphis7747, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 not 0x03 in Clovers config.plist.
If that doesn't work, try using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

Please note that your Kaby Lake CPU is not natively supported in macOS.
The CPU requires a FakeCPUID (with Skylake ID) to boot.

[NEW / TESTING] Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS

Kaby Lake HD620 working...

@memphis7747, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).

Make sure that CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x67 not 0x03 in Clovers config.plist.
If that doesn't work, try using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

Please note that your Kaby Lake CPU is not natively supported in macOS.
The CPU requires a FakeCPUID (with Skylake ID) to boot.

[NEW / TESTING] Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS

Kaby Lake HD620 working...

Thank you! The Fake CPU and CsrActiveConfig moved me one step closer. But Im stuck with the Apple logo and the progress bar at 60%. Then it shows the something went wrong logo and just freezes there. I've tried to replace the OsxAptioFixDrv, but with no result yet. I'will read the links u posted, but maybe u come across this before and can help me further.

Thx a lot!

Thx a lot again! Im now in 10.12, trying to get integrated graphics, sound and external wifi usb stick work, will post a solution for anybody else after i get it done.

Thx a lot again! Im now in 10.12, trying to get integrated graphics, sound and external wifi usb stick work, will post a solution for anybody else after i get it done.
hi have an MSI Z270 gaming 7 mobo, i tried with this setting but wont boot. Can you please upload you clover

Hi there, sry for late response, I overlooked the notification :/. Do u experience problems with booting:
a. Into the installer (i had big problems until i plug my USB key into an USB2 port, after that i installed with no problems)
b. Into the system after installation, im still tweaking stuff here.

Here are the changes that I needed to do to my EFI USB Key after UniBeast:
1. Edited config.plist with Clover Configurator to change the Crf value to 0x67, added FakeCPUID of 0x0506E3, you can download the software here: http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/
2. Changed the Asio driver fix 2 to this one https://github.com/MegaCookie/Lenov...FI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
3. Plug the USB key into the USB 2 legacy port of my motherboard. It will not install in the USB 3 ports.

Other than this, it was standard.

Hi there, sry for late response, I overlooked the notification :/. Do u experience problems with booting:
a. Into the installer (i had big problems until i plug my USB key into an USB2 port, after that i installed with no problems)
b. Into the system after installation, im still tweaking stuff here.

Here are the changes that I needed to do to my EFI USB Key after UniBeast:
1. Edited config.plist with Clover Configurator to change the Crf value to 0x67, added FakeCPUID of 0x0506E3, you can download the software here: http://mackie100projects.altervista.org/download-clover-configurator/
2. Changed the Asio driver fix 2 to this one https://github.com/MegaCookie/Lenovo-Y580-OSX-Installer-Clover/blob/master/Clover UEFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
3. Plug the USB key into the USB 2 legacy port of my motherboard. It will not install in the USB 3 ports.

Other than this, it was standard.
Thank you so much for your reply, i Just tried what you write and i got stuck at this, anyone know what Can i do?

Attachments

• IMG_20170219_212046.jpg
    IMG_20170219_212046.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 633
Thank you so much for your reply, i Just tried what you write and i got stuck at this, anyone know what Can i do?
Sorry, I have no clue where the problem could be :/, maybe BreBo can help.

At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection

Check Inject USB + FixOwnership in Clovers config.plist.
Code:
        <key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>

At Clover Boot Screen select Options > PCI devices > USB Ownership and USB Injection

Check Inject USB + FixOwnership in Clovers config.plist.
Code:
        <key>USB</key>
        <dict>
            <key>FixOwnership</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Inject</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
Thank you sir, you just saved my life :clap::clap::clap:
Can i bother you with another question ? I can't see my nvme ssd on disk utility (i just wanted to install macOS there), do you know how can i force it to recognize the nvme ? thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back