Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course its possible. If you're already using Clover then just put kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/other. Run the app in Yosemite but make sure you boot without cache.

So to install the update I place all of the previous Kexts into the EFI partition ?

So to install the update I place all of the previous Kexts into the EFI partition ?

You should have kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/other regardless. Just make sure that they're up to date. Just simply run the app. Make sure that Clover boot loader is up to date. Once doing that boot into the installer without cache.

Of course its possible. If you're already using Clover then just put kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/other. Run the app in Yosemite but make sure you boot without cache.

Thanks and yes always been on clover, will update once video and cuda drivers are ready.

Thanks and yes always been on clover, will update once video and cuda drivers are ready.

Nvidia Web drivers Version 367.10.10.05b01 works on official release. From what a friend told me but you might be better trying Sierra on a test just be sure it works for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
What boot options did you select in clover?
X - No Cache
X - Inject kexts
X- Nvidia Web drivers

Well, I boot, and I recommend anyone else to boot without cache whether its on updates, upgrades or (kext injection).

You should have kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/other regardless. Just make sure that they're up to date. Just simply run the app. Make sure that Clover boot loader is up to date. Once doing that boot into the installer without cache.

I put all my kexts from Library/Extensions into that folder and Clover throws this error. bit of a nightmare

Attachments

• IMG_1757.JPG
    IMG_1757.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 236
What boot options did you select in clover?
X - No Cache
X - Inject kexts
X- Nvidia Web drivers

No cache
nv_disable = 1

These two options were selected.

At first I had web drivers enabled but the installation stalled. So I disabled the web drivers and it worked.

Hi guys, is it possible to directly update from Yosemite. really reluctant to do a clean install because of all the software and plugins involved, would take me days.

This is not windows, if you dont delete the /Users/[account], /usr, Applications folders in your yosemite, and you install Sierra over it.. all your software should remain in tact. Might have to reinstall some kexts and similar.. (anyways, I've done it several times and it worked out for me, but you might want to do a backup beforehand). Also, you could restore the user account with all software from the backup with "Migration Assistant" in Applications/Utilities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back