Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Overclocked GDDR5, 4GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I hear similar thoughts with every OSX/MACOS update. What would you expect? GUI overhaul like Win7/Win8/Win10 - people hated it, so nice that Apple didn't go that way.
Continuity/iCloudSync/Siri/"Smart" storage capacity management - I really really like these features in Sierra

To Update or Not: Just wanted some other's options - I just did my first hackintosh, have El Capitan however still don't have Audio or NVIDIA graphics working - so I'm thinking "why not" make the leap to Sierra - or is there more that could possibly go wrong???

Motherboard
GA-Z270-HD3
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thank you!
Added key with my board ID to: S/L/E/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Instead of the black monitor it now just reboots. Am I missing something? It supposed to work with NVIDIA Web Drivers? Or with native clover-injected ones?

EDIT: Reinstalled NVIDIA Web Drivers, behavior remains the same. The last thing I see in verbose screen before it turns off monitor is that some NVIDIAWeb kext loads OK (no panics).

Did you edit the kext directly, if so did you rebuild caches etc?

I actually took a copy of the kext first, made the necessary updates and then used "kext utility" (though I am sure KextBeast from TonyMac site will work too) per bilbo123's original post to install the updated kext.

Motherboard
Asus X-99 Pro USB 3.1
CPU
i7 5820K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I do not know what they did in this latest version Sierra 10.02.1... just know that finally the speed of my RAM is correct in "About My Mac", which had never happened before!:clap:

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2016-09-27, às 02.00.47.png
    Captura de ecrã 2016-09-27, às 02.00.47.png
    142.8 KB · Views: 258
Motherboard
HP Omen 17-an011na
CPU
i7-7700HQ/HM175
Graphics
GTX 1050, HD 630
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys, I have been trying to get my Z68X-UD3H-B3 up and running, I haven't had macos running on here since Lion but want to come back and give it a shot. I managed to get Sierra running with network but had no luck with graphics (have to run with nv_disable=1 to get to desktop (I have a GTX 570 with none standard device ID of 1086 which I have had trouble with in the past) I have latest clover installed and UEFI bios U1n. What would be great is a pack of the files needed for clover and suggestions for my card to work. Thanks Guys.
I was gonna PM some of you with my board but don't have enough posts yet :/

Last edited:
Motherboard
Mavricks/Windows 8.1
CPU
Intel quad core i5 4670 3.4ghz
Graphics
ASUS GeForce GTX760 2gb
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey guys, i'm having a problem trying to download Sierra. it's telling me "We could not complete your purchase. This version of macOS 10.12 cannot be installed on this computer.

Any reason why this is happening, i've been able to download the OS in the passed?

r1viMie.png

Motherboard
GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 (Clover)
CPU
Core i7 6700K
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 980ti XTREME
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
you need to change your system definition mac pro 3,1 to other one imac 14,2 works good

Motherboard
Asus X-99 Pro USB 3.1
CPU
i7 5820K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Ya if you use macpro3,1 try with another Smbios def. If you continue having problems, go to library, delete all about appstore inside Cache folder, reboot and try download again ;)

Motherboard
GA-Z77N-WIFI
CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-3770
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1070 AERO ITX 8G OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Try boot with flag nv_disable=1 and if you are using one of this Smbios (macpro6,1, imac15,1 or imac17,1) you need to patch/edit applegraphicscontrolkext. Install the supported nvwebdrive, change the boot flag nvda_drv=1 and reboot. Doing this, its suppose not have more black screen until the next updade.
Thx for your reply! allready got it working (also without the webdrivers, because they dont support pb1 yet)
all ive done is changing the systemdefs via clover from macmini to imac 13.2 (the most closest to my system because im on ivybridge...) reboot... done! Working!... :thumbup: