Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra Does NOT Boot with MacPro3,1 MacPro4,1 System Definitions

So my hackintosh is running Mavericks right now. Can I use the UniBeast for El Capitan to change the profile?
If by 'profile' you mean system definition (SMBIOS) then you can easily change it with Clover Configurator.

Also, I am using a HD6870 for my graphics, I assume that is still supported.
The HD6870 will not wake from sleep in Sierra.

I do have a spare GTX 770 around as well.
The GTX 770 should work fine in Sierra.

MultiBeast can be used to change the System Definition, not UniBeast. Use MultiBeast for Mavericks and just change the System Definition to iMac14,2.

Customize > System Definition > iMac > iMac14,2

Apparently i hurried and installed Sierra without changing the definition. Long story short, i had to update to Sierra from Yosemite- got so many other stuff installed i did not want to do clean install, do i really have to?

Well i downloaded it on my laptop, made usb. Installed, everything going ok, but when i try to get to desktop via usb,to finish the installation setup and run multibeast(boot to osx from usb/sierra picture)- it just goes to installation again. Then i have the "boot to osx from ssd" same story and the last "installation from usb" that does as it should. Is the system definition here the road block?

Last edited:
Hi,

Can anyone suggest what profile I should change to when upgrading to Sierra?

I have: Hack 1GA-X58-UD5 , i7, GTX 770, 6 Gb ram - defined as Mac Pro 3,1

and GA-X68-UD3, i7, GTX 770, 16 Gb ram -defined as Mac Pro 3,1

I did check out http://www.everymac.com but got a bit lost whether

Any help would be great.

Hi, Thanks for the reply... The closest I could determine from the everymac.com list for my Hack 1 GA-X58-UD5 , i7, GTX 770, 6 Gb ram - was I guess Mac Pro 5,1 and Mac Pro 13,2 for my Hack 2 GA-X68-UD3, i7, GTX 770, 16 Gb ram. Do you have an idea where Multibeast changes the system definition? Does it change the entry in the Clover config plist? Do you suggest trying Mac Pro 5,1 for both? Thanks.

Hi, Thanks for the reply... The closest I could determine from the everymac.com list for my Hack 1 GA-X58-UD5 , i7, GTX 770, 6 Gb ram - was I guess Mac Pro 5,1 and Mac Pro 13,2 for my Hack 2 GA-X68-UD3, i7, GTX 770, 16 Gb ram. Do you have an idea where Multibeast changes the system definition? Does it change the entry in the Clover config plist? Do you suggest trying Mac Pro 5,1 for both? Thanks.

It changes it in the system definition tab, the second to last one on the right if im not mistaken. it defaults to 14,2 which is the recommended one, why are you using something different?

Do you have DDR3 ram? As long as you have that you should be ok to use a few options. The iMac 14.2 is what the new Multibeast (Sierra version) uses if you're not sure or don't select anything when using it for Sierra.

Rather than using multicast you can also use this method. This is if you used clover boot loader on your original instal.

Try downloading Clover Configurator and EFIMounter (google them). Run EFI mounter and open EFI folder then open clover folder. Drag config.plist. to desktop. Then right click on desktop copy and choose "open with" clover configurator. Make sure to check simbios and generate a new system definition (there is a magic want on the right hand side of window) and serial number. Go to RTVariables and add your serial number and put 3 capitol letters at end of number. Then go to System preferences and generate a uuid number. These three things are necessary for your system to look like it's official for iMessage and App Store to work right. Hit save and then close clover configurator. Now you have a new config.plist on your desktop which you can drag to you refi clover folder to replace the old one. Also check in your main partition for EFI backups and replace that config.plist as well.

Attachments

• Geekbench 136000.png
    Geekbench 136000.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 359
Back