Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra Does NOT Boot with MacPro3,1 MacPro4,1 System Definitions

I was already on iMac14,2 - confirmed in System Report - but it won't let me download - I get the standard "This version of macOS 10.12 cannot be installed on this computer." dialog.

Any suggestions would be very welcome :)

I had this "monitor cloning" problem on El Capitan starting with Clover v3751, revert back to v3726 and problem disapear, so i suspect a Clover problem on Sierra too...

Followed your advice. Sleep works now without the "monitor cloning" issue.

Just one last issue, kextd waiting IOHDACodecFunction keeps appearing every boot.

I have a Q6600 with a Gigabyte mobo configured as iMac 8.1 and can says "Can't complete your purchase, it can't be installed in this computer" Now I'm running El Capitan 10.11.6

I had this "monitor cloning" problem on El Capitan starting with Clover v3751, revert back to v3726 and problem disapear, so i suspect a Clover problem on Sierra too...

Hey, that solved it for me too. That's a weird problem. Is this a Clover bug or bad config? Are the Clover guys aware of this?

EDIT: Handily, this also fixed a jerky mouse pointer problem - every 4 or 5 seconds the mouse pointer would freeze for maybe 60 ms. Enough to notice, not enough to be a problem since input wasn't lost.

Last edited:
I have a Q6600 with a Gigabyte mobo configured as iMac 8.1 and can says "Can't complete your purchase, it can't be installed in this computer" Now I'm running El Capitan 10.11.6

MacOS Sierra supports only CPUs with SSE4 support.

Hey, that solved it for me too. That's a weird problem. Is this a Clover bug or bad config? Are the Clover guys aware of this?

EDIT: Handily, this also fixed a jerky mouse pointer problem - every 4 or 5 seconds the mouse pointer would freeze for maybe 60 ms. Enough to notice, not enough to be a problem since input wasn't lost.

I don't know if the Clover guys are aware of this, but usually i'm updating Clover with "clover configurator" when an update appear without any problems.
But since v3751...Big problems on all my builds! (monitor cloning, no boot...) :(
I'm still on El capitan but looks like it's the same on Sierra...
Maybe we need to change something in config with v3751+...? i don't know

PS: i tried v3761...Same problems :(

Last edited:
I remember why I haven't switched from 5.1...I just updated to 14.2 and everything appeared ok, but some of my software won't see my second GPU anymore. Shows up and looks correct in the system information. Maybe 14.2 on Sierra will work better than 14.2 on Yosemite? Or just give it a go from 5.1?

It will allow me to download Sierra from the App Store on 5.1

It is mentioned to use Multibeast 9.0 to change System Definition.
Where Multibeast 9.0 can be obtained ? I went to the downloads page and the highest version available is 8.2.3
Please help !
Thanks

It is mentioned to use Multibeast 9.0 to change System Definition.
Where Multibeast 9.0 can be obtained ? I went to the downloads page and the highest version available is 8.2.3
Please help !
Thanks
MultiBeast 9 is still being built - should be out soon.

I don't know if the Clover guys are aware of this, but usually i'm updating Clover with "clover configurator" when an update appear without any problems.
But since v3751...Big problems on all my builds! (monitor cloning, no boot...) :(
I'm still on El capitan but looks like it's the same on Sierra...
Maybe we need to change something in config with v3751+...? i don't know

PS: i tried v3761...Same problems :(

I think they won't recognize the bug if we dont send a formal ticket to them.

Back