Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra Does NOT Boot with MacPro3,1 MacPro4,1 System Definitions

I have a fully functional hackintosh with Core2 Quad Q6600, 4GB of memory, GA-G31M-ES2L Gigabyte motherboard, Nvidia GTS-250 running El Capitan, up to date. It is configured with model 3,1. Can I change it to 14,2 in order to get and install Sierra without problems, or this hardware is not enough?

I have a fully functional hackintosh with Core2 Quad Q6600, 4GB of memory, GA-G31M-ES2L Gigabyte motherboard, Nvidia GTS-250 running El Capitan, up to date. It is configured with model 3,1. Can I change it to 14,2 in order to get and install Sierra without problems, or this hardware is not enough?
Need a Q8200 or better. You can find them on Ebay at very low prices. Make sure your mobo supports it before upgrading.

so when will the sierra unibeast be released?

Clover versions from v3751...and V3761 doesn't boot on my El capitan imac 14,2 "GA-Z97-MX gaming 5" build.
i had to go back to v3726.
Is it related to a "Clover Sierra Update"?

Ps: (Booting on my Z77-UD5H imac 13,2 build with Clover v3751 but "very buggy")

OK so macOS Sierra is out soon, and we just wanted to clarify things a bit regarding system definitions. For years we here at tonymacx86.com have used MacPro3,1 as the suggested system definition in MultiBeast- it was a basic trouble free universal default. Starting with macOS Sierra, Apple has decided to drop support for MacPro3,1 and MacPro4,1 systems.

In order to test your system definition, navigate to the upper left corner and choose About This Mac. A window will open showing the booted system definition. If this shows Mac Pro (2008) or Mac Pro (2009) you will need to change your system definition before installing macOS Sierra. In fact, you will not be able to download macOS Sierra until you change it.

This is a pain for real Mac Pros, as they now have to trick the OS into supporting their platform. However for CustoMacs, changing your system definition is very simple.

1. Get the latest version of MultiBeast for El Capitan
2. Choose Customise > System Definitions > iMac > iMac14,2
3. Choose Build > Install
4. Reboot system

Going forward we're going to be using iMac14,2 system definition as our standard universal default. This is used in UniBeast 7.0 and for default MultiBeast 9.0 installations.

Hope this helps!
:geek::ugeek::mrgreen:
Tony,

I am unable to update although I did this. When it finishes installing and reboot, I cannot anything boot install on clover screen and even when I check for mounted partition.

When are you going to upload unibeast 7.0?

I always used MacPro 3.1 as system def. It was the def with the best geek bench score. Now i changed it to iMac 14.1 and the score drops from 16000 to 13600. And i get that nasty PoP! when the sound card wakes up.
So, to be clear; i cannot download and install Sierra with this sys def. and then revert back to MacPro3.1?

Update: I have changed my system definition from iM 14,1 to iM 10,1 while using my MP 3,1 serials and values.

I have problems in sleep in Sierra. Sleep works fine but the screen garbles up and glitches when I wake. It turns up that it clones my monitor (I only have one monitor) and landing up as an extended display after I wake. I fixed this up by mirroring my display. I posted some screenshots.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 2.38.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 2.38.45 AM.png
    564.7 KB · Views: 282
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 2.40.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 2.40.23 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 296
  • Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 2.40.51 AM (2).png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-22 at 2.40.51 AM (2).png
    1.9 MB · Views: 239
Update: I have changed my system definition from iM 14,1 to iM 10,1 while using my MP 3,1 serials and values.

I have problems in sleep in Sierra. Sleep works fine but the screen garbles up and glitches when I wake. It turns up that it clones my monitor (I only have one monitor) and landing up as an extended display after I wake. I fixed this up by mirroring my display. I posted some screenshots.

I had this "monitor cloning" problem on El Capitan starting with Clover v3751, revert back to v3726 and problem disapear, so i suspect a Clover problem on Sierra too...

Back