Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra Does NOT Boot with MacPro3,1 MacPro4,1 System Definitions

Sorry, i also have a very similar question: i have a system LGA 775 MoBo + Intel C2D E8600 + ATI Radeon HD 5450, (currently OS X El Capitan with sysdef MacPro 3.1), if i wanted to install MacOS Sierra it might be appropriate the 10,1 iMac - Late 2009 sysdef (comparing my hardware with iMac models in everymac)?
Thanks in advance

Sorry, i also have a very similar question: i have a system LGA 775 MoBo + Intel C2D E8600 + ATI Radeon HD 5450, (currently OS X El Capitan with sysdef MacPro 3.1), if i wanted to install MacOS Sierra it might be appropriate the 10,1 iMac - Late 2009 sysdef (comparing my hardware with iMac models in everymac)?
Thanks in advance
Yes, you can use 10,1 as the Late 2009 iMacs are Sierra capable. It would be a good match for an E8600 system.

Apple actually used that exact Intel cpu in a Late 2009 iMac.
http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...uo-3.33-27-inch-aluminum-late-2009-specs.html

Best match for 2.8Ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon on MacPro 3,1?
You can use 3,1 but only for OS X El Capitan or older not the just released Sierra.

I have the most annoying bug, and want to fix that before upgrading to Sierra.

I have always used the macpro3.1 defs. but wanting to upgrade sierra i need another one, so im trying the imac 14.2 ones now.

The issue im having is that not all USB ports port with this definition... and i cant figure out why that is..

anyone has an idea or clue..?

Try this kext

Attachments

• USBInjectAll.kext.zip
    15 KB · Views: 117
I successfully updated to Sierra using iM 14,2 sysdef, used all my previous kexts from el capitan. For audio I switched to realtekalc120.

First boot was slow as hell. But after 2 reboots it seems to stabilize.

And also I noticed that in appleid.apple website that my device has changed from MP 3,1 to iM 27 inch. I don't know if this will cause issues. Facetime and iMessage works, sleep works, USB dongle works.

Back