Contribute
Register

macOS Sierra and High Sierra on Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming-CF i7-6850K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gajaciosif, hello and thanks fur such a great guide. I have your exact same build, with the exception of the GPU. Your guide was very useful. I'm new to Hackintosh, and I don't know how to work XCPM. What settings did you use within the bios to get that benchmark? I'm stuck at stock settings and, although it's working fine, it would be nice to hit results like 25012 or so.. Any help?
You need to go inside bios and overclock to Profile 1 (advanced frequency settings).
I used just auto settings, I mean just the settings from the manufacturer what it's already set for you, just go ahead and select the CPU frequency you need.
I think its maximum set from manufacturer to 4,2 or 4,3 CPU !
Here its a video....

Last edited by a moderator:
After overclock you need to save configuration and exit...it wel rebot..an you have overclocked machine.

After overclock you need to save configuration and exit...it wel rebot..an you have overclocked machine.

gajaciosif sorry for bumping a year old thread but I have your exact build with the exception that I have an AMD card. I can get the USB (Unibeast created) bootloader to load but I keep getting stuck when loading the actual apple installer. I get the single line of +++++++++++++++++++ and it just stops, I searched the forums and tried several of the driver fixes (using the clover config tool) but have never been able to actually get the installer to run.

Do you know which drivers I need in order to get the installer to load? I'm using the full installer from the app store (High Sierra 10.13.6) and the newest version of Unibeast and clover config tool.

Gigabyte GA-X-99 Ultra Gaming Mobo with an i7 6850K 6 core CPU
AMD RX580 Vid card

gajaciosif sorry for bumping a year old thread but I have your exact build with the exception that I have an AMD card. I can get the USB (Unibeast created) bootloader to load but I keep getting stuck when loading the actual apple installer. I get the single line of +++++++++++++++++++ and it just stops, I searched the forums and tried several of the driver fixes (using the clover config tool) but have never been able to actually get the installer to run.

Do you know which drivers I need in order to get the installer to load? I'm using the full installer from the app store (High Sierra 10.13.6) and the newest version of Unibeast and clover config tool.

AMD RX580 Vid card
Mân just play with clover setings! In kernel an kext parches section

AMD RX580 Vid card
trie this! https://www.dropbox.com/s/z288dvcxmqxm13w/EFI USB Install x99 Mojave 16 august 2018.zip?dl=0.

AMD RX580 Vid card
Or this.. ! https://www.dropbox.com/s/pcwthdzutumgw7k/CLOVER mojave stik.zip?dl=0

If those clover files not work, trye to change cpu fake ID. Or play with clover setings in plist file, in kernel And kext paches section ,but just with those cekmarks.

If those clover files not work, trye to change cpu fake ID. Or play with clover setings in plist file, in kernel And kext paches section ,but just with those cekmarks.

The EFI folder you gave me worked perfect...Wow thank you.

For the time being I just copied that EFI folder to the EFI partition on the drive I installed OS x and it boots like a champ.

The only thing at this point I need to get running is the sound. I was messing with Multibeast and tried to install the sound drivers (Realtek ALC 1150) but still no input/output devices show up. The Multibeast readout at the bottom says it is putting the kext file in /System/Library/Extensions but it doesn't put them there, it puts them in /Library/Extensions. I'm a little nervous messing with a working system (I also tried to install the series 7/8/9 USB drivers and lost keyboard and mouse....had to boot to usb drive and terminal to rm the two fakeusbxxx.kext files so I could log back in).

Anyway if you have any input on the sound great otherwise thanks big time for the help, appreciate it :)
Cheers

The EFI folder you gave me worked perfect...Wow thank you.

For the time being I just copied that EFI folder to the EFI partition on the drive I installed OS x and it boots like a champ.

The only thing at this point I need to get running is the sound. I was messing with Multibeast and tried to install the sound drivers (Realtek ALC 1150) but still no input/output devices show up. The Multibeast readout at the bottom says it is putting the kext file in /System/Library/Extensions but it doesn't put them there, it puts them in /Library/Extensions. I'm a little nervous messing with a working system (I also tried to install the series 7/8/9 USB drivers and lost keyboard and mouse....had to boot to usb drive and terminal to rm the two fakeusbxxx.kext files so I could log back in).

Anyway if you have any input on the sound great otherwise thanks big time for the help, appreciate it :)
Cheers
Trie voodoo kext 2.9

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back