CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
UPDATE 10.13.0 https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-x99-deluxe-u3-1.204503/page-12#post-1596156

UPDATE 10.12.5 https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-x99-deluxe-u3-1.204503/page-11#post-1518381

Guys I feel is time to give back to this amazing community, maybe I will help somebody :). (PS: I'm from Romania and I don't speak/write too well in english lol )

My Config:

MB: ASUS X99 Deluxe/U3.1

CPU: INTEL 5820k (Overclocked to 4.3 GHZ at 1.168mv manual voltage)

GPU: ASUS STRIX NVIDIA GTX 980ti

Bios Settings:

Intel XHCI = YES

XHCI HANDOFF =YES

EHCI HANDOFF=NO

EIST/TURBO=Enabled

CPU CSTATES=AUTO

CSMSUPPORT=DISABLED

SECUREBOOT=OTHER OS

OVERCLOCK FOR MY CPU (IF YOUR DIFFERS IN RATIO GENERATE YOUR OWN SSDT WITH piker's alpha ssdtprgen.sh)

SYNC ALL CORES, RATIO 43 MANUAL VOLTAGE 1.168)
I Have experienced some weird issues with my bios but after i've loaded default settings and then made my settings all works fine.

This is what counts !

For me everything works in MacOS Sierra 10.12, Sleep,Onboad Audio/Audio After Sleep, HDMI/DP AUDIO, Bluetooth, HandsOff Continuity (At least from my Hack to my iPhone/Macbook, maybe someone will fix this or already fixed and I don't know), Airdrop (both ways) XCPM Power Management (I use FrequencyVectors.sh by Pike R. Alpha for iMac 17.1, tried for 15.1 but 17.1 works better) USB 3.1 (Notice: The two ports above external antenna connectors work only with usb 3 devices I think bc of ASMedia 1142 witch is controlling those 2 ports directly) iMessage/Facetime/Appstore/iCloud . I hope I haven’t forget any lol. As I said, for me, everything works now.

Credits to RehabMan, Pike R. Alpha, wsmr, netkas, toleda, vit9696, Cosmo1t and all tonymacx86 amazing community !

Attachments

• Asus X99 Deluxe: U3.1.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 1,885
  • VERSION.jpg
    VERSION.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 3,832
  • AUDIO.jpg
    AUDIO.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 4,139
  • Pm.jpg
    Pm.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 4,095
  • Power Management.jpg
    Power Management.jpg
    1,000.8 KB · Views: 3,483
Last edited:
^^^ Nice Post... Using Pike's patches correctly do get you closer to real PM and sleep. If you check IntelPowerGadget while the box is @ idle you find the multiplier never gets close to 1.2 as it should. Yet this is an improvement from where we've been. Still waiting for official Apple support.

Last edited:
Yes, I know that isn't yet "that" real PM, but for me it works better than null. With that i've had wierd sleep problems in sierra, sometimes worked like a charm somtimes not waking . With xcpm still vodootscsync does the job for sleep. Without it instead of waking pc reboots. Also in xcpm processor consumes less watts when iddle, like around 10,12, and with null around 25. Also that BIOS reset to default made a huge diference, believe me !

This is amazing, makes me want to sell my ASUS Sabertooth X99 and Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! Extreme just to pick up the ASUS X99 Deluxe u3.1 and a ASUS GTX 980Ti Strix. XD Good job!

How did you get audio working?
Used vit9696's Apple ALC and i've edited the codec commander to have audio after sleep. If you have a 6 output reaktek 1150 like I have use the kext's from my post above (AppleALC and CodecCommander) and using clover inject audio id 11 instead of 1 and rename your audio device using clover at first. for me was AZAL TO HDEF SO:
Comment: AZAL TO HDEF
Find 414C5A41
Replace 48444546

I get the hex using this little friend > http://www.unit-conversion.info/texttools/hexadecimal/ <

AppleALC from vit9696 here > https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC <

Last edited:
This is amazing, makes me want to sell my ASUS Sabertooth X99 and Zotac GTX 1070 Amp! Extreme just to pick up the ASUS X99 Deluxe u3.1 and a ASUS GTX 980Ti Strix. XD Good job!
For me, I repeat for me it work like a charm now, but after approx 6 months of frustration. The thing that made a real change for me was extracting and patching my own dsdt, seeing that I have different names somewhere like my audio instead of AZAL was ALZA. How I did, using clover acpi patching tested converting from text to hex (a lot of online tools to do this) patched my already patched dsdt even more. When the things went wrong just deleting the acpi patch, when went well, edited that in the dsdt. I can't stay that I made the perfect job there, but for me, I repeat for me, It works like a charm until now.

Is there a way to trick the system to use the GTX 1070 as if it was a 980ti?

Thanks for the responses. I didn't previously see the zip file you had attached.

I am now injecting the two kexts (AppleALC and CodecCommander). The second part is a bit unclear to me. I extracted my DSDT and found ALZA in it (same as @dMatik). So, using Clover Configurator to modify my config.plist, I changed Devices>Audio to 11, and then under Kernel and Kext Patches I added Name: AppleALC, Find: 414C541, Replace: 484445460D0A. I rebooted but no audio devices were found. Am I doing the kext patch part incorrectly?

Edit: whoops, I see this should go under Acpi, not under the kernel and kext patches section. Let me give that a try.

Edit2: still not working. Maybe it's because I'm not using a custom DSDT or SSDT?

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. I didn't previously see the zip file you had attached.

I am now injecting the two kexts (AppleALC and CodecCommander). The second part is a bit unclear to me. I extracted my DSDT and found ALZA in it (same as @dMatik). So, using Clover Configurator to modify my config.plist, I changed Devices>Audio to 11, and then under Kernel and Kext Patches I added Name: AppleALC, Find: 414C541, Replace: 484445460D0A. I rebooted but no audio devices were found. Am I doing the kext patch part incorrectly?

Edit: whoops, I see this should go under Acpi, not under the kernel and kext patches section. Let me give that a try.
Not in Kernel To Kext Patche's. Do the rename of the device in Acpi Page. In kernel and kext patches you can patch let's say the kernel for xclm, you want to patch your DSDT, so you need to do the renames in ACPI :D Try That

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back