Contribute
Register

MacOs Sierra 10.12/10.13 on ASUS X99 Deluxe/U3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will work first time i've installed mac os was on my external HDD via usb 3, it took a while but it works. My recomandation is to get a second hhh at least, or create a partition from Windows, then format it with disk utility in os x install process and use clover from an external usb stik or HDD to boot. But to try it is Ok to install it on one external HDD but dont blane the Performance cuz will be bad... Also back up all your sensitive data If you plan to install it on your Windows drive.

What on earth is a hhh? Also I said USB 3.1 not USB 3.0, is 3.1 even supported in Mac OS? If it is the speed should be fine as I get about 450MBs with it on 3.1. Not going to install on my Windows 10 drive, want to keep it separate and not lose the space for Windows.

What on earth is a hhh? Also I said USB 3.1 not USB 3.0, is 3.1 even supported in Mac OS? If it is the speed should be fine as I get about 450MBs with it on 3.1. Not going to install on my Windows 10 drive, want to keep it separate and not lose the space for Windows.
Dont know about usb 3.1, Never tried it, and hhh is HDD haha, my bad. My advice is try it, if is on an external hard drive you have nothing to lose, just some time in the worst scenario.

Dont know about usb 3.1, Never tried it, and hhh is HDD haha, my bad. My advice is try it, if is on an external hard drive you have nothing to lose, just some time in the worst scenario.

Thanks for your help, not sure when I'm going to take the plunge, soon but not tonight, I may be back asking more questions. :)

Thanks for your help, not sure when I'm going to take the plunge, soon but not tonight, I may be back asking more questions. :)
Anytime... I hope to be here and help where possible.

Hi! Thank you for continueing this thread. I have 2 questions, do the kext's need to be updated since now we are on 10.12.5, or does it not matter? Also Do you know which BIOS ver you are on and does updating it effect it negatively?

thanks

Hi! Thank you for continueing this thread. I have 2 questions, do the kext's need to be updated since now we are on 10.12.5, or does it not matter? Also Do you know which BIOS ver you are on and does updating it effect it negatively?

thanks
I'm on the latest bios update, nothing different btw in MacOS.... i've updated kext for the sake of doing it, nothing notable, I will post my updated efi folder when I have the time to do it, but I'd recomend, if it works, leave it as it is, if you have issues, back up what you have and try different things (updating kext, clover, bios...etc...). My way of doing it is working updates on my clover usb stik, and if something went wrong I can still boot from my ssd clover whitch is untouched. When I test updated kext or things, I ussualy leave it on my usb stik for a couple of days and if all is ok, copy the efi folder from my usb to my ssd. Have fun hackintoshing haha ;)

So, here is the my current efi folder for my ASUS X99 DELUXE U 3.1 mobo, with Intel 5820K OC at 4.5 ghz on MacOS 10.12.5 ! I've included the latest Clover Configurator in the archive, is the best thing i've used in hackintoshing with clover.
If you don't have the same hardware like me, I recommend to try files from this efi folder (kext's, ssdt's, driveres...etc) on an external clover usb to not mess your efi on hdd/ssd.
The most important thing, have fun with this :D

Note: ssdt.aml is for my OC cpu at 4.5 ghz. If you have the same OC, you can use it without a worry.

Note2: I've changed my smbios to imac14.2 for native CPUPM (haswell)

Attachments

• EFI ASUS X99 Deluxe iMac 14.2.zip
    16.7 MB · Views: 661
  • geekbench.png
    geekbench.png
    99.7 KB · Views: 615
  • hwmonitor.png
    hwmonitor.png
    345 KB · Views: 607
So, here is the my current efi folder for my ASUS X99 DELUXE U 3.1 mobo, with Intel 5820K OC at 4.5 ghz on MacOS 10.12.5 ! I've included the latest Clover Configurator in the archive, is the best thing i've used in hackintoshing with clover.
If you don't have the same hardware like me, I recommend to try files from this efi folder (kext's, ssdt's, driveres...etc) on an external clover usb to not mess your efi on hdd/ssd.

Note: ssdt.aml is for my OC cpu at 4.5 ghz. If you have the same OC, you can use it without a worry.

OMG you are amazing ive been stuck for hours just trying to install OSX on my x99 system and copying your EFI files to my USB made it work

I have successfully installed sierra on my pc (flags: -v darkwake=0 npci=0x3000 nvda_drv=1 -alcbeta).
And now i can't boot the installation (tried many flags with and without your efi folder).

any help is welcome.

pc:
Intel i7 5930K
ASUS X99 Deluxe U3.1
8x 8GB HyperX 2133 @2400
EVGA GTX 1080 FE
ASUS HyperKit with Samsung 950 PRO (windows boot drive)
Samsung 850 1TB (macOS drive)

Edit:
Fixed used config from https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-guide-part-2-creating-clover-install-usb/

Edit #2:
I turend on G-sync and now everything is broken WTF? I cant even reinstall macOS.
When i try to start the installed one it ends with kernel panik apple.hda.
When i try to reinstall it just restarts after some time.
please help.

Last edited:

Hello, thank you for posting your efi folder, with that i managed to get my hackintosh working (we have almost the same build). I've got 2 problems, the first is bluetooth, how you made bluetooth working? with your efi folder I can't see bluetooth in settings and in system profiler. The second problem is that the power management isn't working, I've generated my ssdt with ssdtprgen.sh and I've used Frequencyvectors but with intel power gadget my cpu always run at 3.3 ghz

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back