Contribute
Register

MacOs Sierra 10.12/10.13 on ASUS X99 Deluxe/U3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you get sleep working?

Hey what Bios version are you on?

Also are you using the m.2 NVME card that was included with the board or the m.2 NVME connector on the board?

I was playing around with an ASRock Extreme4, but will be taking it back for this AUSU since you had luck with it and did a lot of the work already.

I have a i7-5930K so I will make my own SSDT.

Really appreciate your help. Thanks
Hey I have the asrock extreme 4 and have it working albeit without sleep. If you have any questions I would be glad to help.

Miles.Conn thanks for the kind gesture,
But I ended up returning it and got the ASUS deluxe 3.1 and I used the files on this thread to make a few things work. Sleep did not work for me at first but I like replacing the wifi/bt card for an apple one and sleep works perfect. Now if I can get NVME to show up as internal that would be great. I will be asking RehabMan about this as I have tried his methods mentioned in other threads and no luck so far.

Miles.Conn thanks for the kind gesture,
But I ended up returning it and got the ASUS deluxe 3.1 and I used the files on this thread to make a few things work. Sleep did not work for me at first but I like replacing the wifi/bt card for an apple one and sleep works perfect. Now if I can get NVME to show up as internal that would be great. I will be asking RehabMan about this as I have tried his methods mentioned in other threads and no luck so far.

I believe this is the fix. <key>KextsToPatch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>External icons patch</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>RXh0ZXJuYWw=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>SW50ZXJuYWw=</data>
</dict>
I had the same problem as you but I forgot what I did. I hope this works.

ON Asus X99-AII , i7-5820k, GTX-950. But I must say that my installation was successful in following another user's guide on this site. I am even getting HDMI audio by simply adding a specifickext.

Mind mentioning which user's guide you used? Was it Giacomoleopardo? His was for El Cap, was there another that focused on X99 and Sierra that you used?

Mind mentioning which user's guide you used? Was it Giacomoleopardo? His was for El Cap, was there another that focused on X99 and Sierra that you used?
Hi
Sorry for the delay. I used this guide:
[SUCCESS] i7-5820k / GTX 970 / GA-X99-UD4 Sierra 10.12 [Clover Guide] (100% Working) by malki

Guys I feel is time to give back to this amazing community, maybe I will help somebody :). (PS: I'm from Romania and I don't speak/write too well in english lol )

My Config:

MB: ASUS X99 Deluxe/U3.1

CPU: INTEL 5820k (Overclocked to 4.3 GHZ at 1.168mv manual voltage)

GPU: ASUS STRIX NVIDIA GTX 980ti

Bios Settings:

Intel XHCI = YES

XHCI HANDOFF =YES

EHCI HANDOFF=NO

EIST/TURBO=Enabled

CPU CSTATES=AUTO

CSMSUPPORT=DISABLED

SECUREBOOT=OTHER OS

OVERCLOCK FOR MY CPU (IF YOUR DIFFERS IN RATIO GENERATE YOUR OWN SSDT WITH piker's alpha ssdtprgen.sh)

SYNC ALL CORES, RATIO 43 MANUAL VOLTAGE 1.168)
I Have experienced some weird issues with my bios but after i've loaded default settings and then made my settings all works fine.

This is what counts !

For me everything works in MacOS Sierra 10.12, Sleep,Onboad Audio/Audio After Sleep, HDMI/DP AUDIO, Bluetooth, HandsOff Continuity (At least from my Hack to my iPhone/Macbook, maybe someone will fix this or already fixed and I don't know), Airdrop (both ways) XCPM Power Management (I use FrequencyVectors.sh by Pike R. Alpha for iMac 17.1, tried for 15.1 but 17.1 works better) USB 3.1 (Notice: The two ports above external antenna connectors work only with usb 3 devices I think bc of ASMedia 1142 witch is controlling those 2 ports directly) iMessage/Facetime/Appstore/iCloud . I hope I haven’t forget any lol. As I said, for me, everything works now.

Credits to RehabMan, Pike R. Alpha, wsmr, netkas, toleda, vit9696, Cosmo1t and all tonymacx86 amazing community !

Do you have any additional PCIe cards besides your GPU? I can follow your instructions, as well as those you said you followed here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sierra-10-12-clover-guide-100-working.203769/

I can get my system up & running and it's a screamer. BUT then I add in my Thunderbolt II/EX Dual card, and the system comes to an immediate halt. Any thoughts on what might be causing that?

ASUS X99DELUXE
EVGA GTX 970
16GB RAM
Haswell-E 5930

Did you manage to get the USB 3 working to support external hard drives, used the same files on my asus x99 sabertooth but am struggling to get it to notice my external hard drives through USB 3 any ideas ?

Do you have any additional PCIe cards besides your GPU? I can follow your instructions, as well as those you said you followed here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sierra-10-12-clover-guide-100-working.203769/

I can get my system up & running and it's a screamer. BUT then I add in my Thunderbolt II/EX Dual card, and the system comes to an immediate halt. Any thoughts on what might be causing that?

ASUS X99DELUXE
EVGA GTX 970
16GB RAM
Haswell-E 5930

So, BoomR in another thread you posted that you got Thunderbolt working, but you didn't post what you did. Care to share?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back