Contribute
Register

MacOs Sierra 10.12/10.13 on ASUS X99 Deluxe/U3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I think you should try high sierra, If you want I can post my efi for 10.13.6 and my bios settings. That guide for sierra is highly outdated, in my new setup I've followed KGP's amazing guide and all works flawlesly. All ! for the motherboard, there is no difference between asus x99 deluxe and asus x99 deluxe u3.1, apart for the usb 3.1 card.

Could you post your efi folder and bios settings please? I'd very much appreciate it, I'm newer to hackintosh but I keep having optimization issues that I've spent hours on trying to fix. I have pretty much the same exact setup as you but I followed KGPs recent guide and I'm still running into problems when it comes to optimization, my hardware is the exact same as your current setup. It just would help greatly to see someone else's EFI and bios running the same hardware.

P.S. is there a certain bios version that's best for this?

Thanks,
Wewooo

Ok then, I'm not going anywhere with PCI optimization, @dMatik can you Kindly post your actual efi for 10.13.6?
It includes all .aml fixes for internal PCI devices I suppose (integrated audio, ethernet card, asmedia controller etc...).
Thanks, all is running correctly though!
Bellow is my EFI implementation for Asus x99 deluxe, Intel i7 5820k, Nvidia GTX 980 ti.
(use clover configurator to generate your own serial and smuuid), install clover rcscripts for emulated nvram. Let me know how it works for you, I've done my pci implementation directly in DSDT, i've left ssdt just for graphic card (plan to move to amd vega 56 and update to mojave) (f*** you Nvidia....) !

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 329
Bellow is my EFI implementation for Asus x99 deluxe, Intel i7 5820k, Nvidia GTX 980 ti.
(use clover configurator to generate your own serial and smuuid), install clover rcscripts for emulated nvram. Let me know how it works for you, I've done my pci implementation directly in DSDT, i've left ssdt just for graphic card (plan to move to amd vega 56 and update to mojave) (f*** you Nvidia....) !

I've Tried your EFI with 10.13 and I get these errors in Verbose.

- ASUS X99 DELUXE (msip-rmm-msq-x99-deluxe) running Bios 3301
- Intel Haswell i7 5820K
- ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB
- 16GB PC4-2133 DDR4
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD

what can I do to get it working?

Thanks,
Steve

Attachments

• IMG_20190716_222414.jpg
    IMG_20190716_222414.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20190717_150634.jpg
    IMG_20190717_150634.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
I've Tried your EFI with 10.13 and I get these errors in Verbose.

- ASUS X99 DELUXE (msip-rmm-msq-x99-deluxe) running Bios 3301
- Intel Haswell i7 5820K
- ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB
- 16GB PC4-2133 DDR4
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD

what can I do to get it working?

Thanks,
Steve
Try slide=128 boot argument, if it's not working, delete OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and Test2.efi from drivers64UEFI folder, and use this the attached aptiomemoryfix.efi. Same, try booting with and without slide=128 boot argument. I would recomend to use aptiomemory fix.. btw, maybe a typo but I think lattest bios version for x99 deluxe is 3901 :)... let me know how things go :)

Attachments

• AptioMemoryFix.efi
    25.4 KB · Views: 104
Try slide=128 boot argument, if it's not working, delete OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and Test2.efi from drivers64UEFI folder, and use this the attached aptiomemoryfix.efi. Same, try booting with and without slide=128 boot argument. I would recomend to use aptiomemory fix.. btw, maybe a typo but I think lattest bios version for x99 deluxe is 3901 :)... let me know how things go :)
I can honestly say i must be doing something wrong.

I downloaded high sierra from app store.
then used to create the bootable USB.
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/UNTITLED && say Boot Installer Complete
then I mounted the EFI drive with EFI Mounter, copied your EFI folder to it and tried booting it.

no luck, I only got a Windows icon, which is wierd cause I only have one drive connected (M.2) which is brand new.

Should I use Unibeast or Clover?

any input is greatly appreciated. I attached the ACPI folder. maybe you find something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    271.8 KB · Views: 113
so I was able to boot to 10.13 installer. but when I go to disk Utility, it says my SSD is a samsung 970 EVO 250gb, but I bought a samsung 970 EVO 1TB. how do I fix this?

Thanks,

ok so I was able to fix the 1TB issue... it was a faulty NVMe drive! ugh....
I got to the install Screen but it says "you may not install to this volume because the computer is missing a firmware version." any idea how to fix this?

ok so I was able to fix the 1TB issue... it was a faulty NVMe drive! ugh....
I got to the install Screen but it says "you may not install to this volume because the computer is missing a firmware version." any idea how to fix this?
I was able to fix this issue by formatting the Hard drive to APFS.

Hello, Noob here new to Hackintosh community.
Trying to install Mac OS High Sierra on my current PC set up, but getting error/ stuck at Random Seed (image attached)
Please help.

Current PC Set up:
Asus X99 Deluxe/ U3.1
Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
2 - Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500 GB 2.5 SSD
RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400
Add storage HD - 2 - Western Digital black series 2 TB 3.5 7200RPM

attached is my current Clover folder and Config.plist
I have a mac 2013 which i use to get the Mac OS install then making bootable device via UniBeast

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 65
  • config.plist.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Random seed.JPG
    Random seed.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back