Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asrock z270 sli killer
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Because I have a ton of time I want to TRY to install MacOS Catalina on my old laptop (acer 6930 eith a 480gb ssd and a t9800+4gb of ram). I tried to use the terminal to put macos on my usb and then use clover bootloader to make the usb bootable but when i plug it in the laptop just hase a underline blinking on the screen. The laptop has bios only. When i plug the usb into my desktop it goes to clover without problems. I know that I am trying to do a inposible and useless thing but I still want to try. Also I don t relly need macos catalina , mojave works as well. Thanks!

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Because I have a ton of time I want to TRY to install MacOS Catalina on my old laptop (acer 6930 eith a 480gb ssd and a t9800+4gb of ram). I tried to use the terminal to put macos on my usb and then use clover bootloader to make the usb bootable but when i plug it in the laptop just hase a underline blinking on the screen. The laptop has bios only. When i plug the usb into my desktop it goes to clover without problems. I know that I am trying to do a inposible and useless thing but I still want to try. Also I don t relly need macos catalina , mojave works as well. Thanks!

Core2Duo will be troublesome in recent MacOS software, but the graphics will pose a bigger challenge. Snow leopard may have graphics support if your intel graphics model was used.

On that system you should be trying for High Sierra at the latest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back