Contribute
Register

macOS Native Discrete GPU Power Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok hmmm my gpu pm is definitely not working as my card gets to warm in idle...

Ok, here my latest debug

Attachments

• debug_9658.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 79
latest debug
Clover boot log:
Code:
16:733  0:002  Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other
16:733  0:000  SetStartupDiskVolume:
Nothing injected
Attached: CLOVER/kexts/other
Should be: CLOVER/kexts/Other
Fix other file name
Restart, reply with new files

Hello @toleda

I am currently building a system as per my signature, i.e. Asus Z390-A Prime, i5-8400, UHD630/RX560 in headless mode.

Understanding that Hackintool did not recommend any system definition, therefore I am using iMac18,2. This system definition is not under your recommended system definition for successful dGPU Power Management.

My question:
1. after setting in headless mode, do I still need to setting for discrete GPU Power Management according to your guide?
2. what is the recommended system definition for a headless mode system like I have?
3. any specific thing I need to give attention, in order to apply dGPU and CPU/iGPU power management in my current setup using both of your guides (CPU/iGPU and dGPU)?

Attached is my recent debug files.

Thank you in advance for advise and pointing the way.

Attachments

• debug_1169.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 67
This system definition is not under your recommended system definition for successful dGPU Power Management
Post #1/Table 1 updated
using iMac18,2
18,2 is the 21" version, fewer CPU options
18,3 is the 27" version, more CPU options; recommended
after setting in headless mode, do I still need to setting for discrete GPU Power Management according to your guide?
Yes
what is the recommended system definition for a headless mode system like I have?
Not relevant, only the installed CPU matters.
any specific thing I need to give attention
Everything, attachments on this thread show neither CPU PM or GPU PM is working

I have a quick question. I am running High Serria with a i9-9900k and gtx 1080. Since a i9 9900k belongs to the iMac19,2 definition, and a gtx 1080 has no related definition, its not possible for me to acheive native discrete GPU power management right? Thanks

I have a quick question. I am running High Serria with a i9-9900k and gtx 1080. Since a i9 9900k belongs to the iMac19,2 definition, and a gtx 1080 has no related definition, its not possible for me to acheive native discrete GPU power management right? Thanks

I have a Gtx 1080 on a skylake system (17,1) and successfully made the kext, but it seems to not affect performance at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back