Contribute
Register

macOS Native Discrete GPU Power Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i'm on a real mac and i cant load AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext because i've the MacbookPro6_2.plist removed from IOPlataformPlugin.kext in order to make the machine somehow usable due to a faulty temp sensor. This means i will never get full performace from my discrete graphics card right? Is there any way i can ignore the sensor and having both kexts loaded to get full performace?

Thanks in advance

what do you mean with patch code? what do i have to do exactly
No "open" source code for the kext.
Decompile the binary, read the assembly code to figure out where the sensor code is, determine exactly how the sensor code works and patch out the "bad" code to "make the machine somehow usable."

"real mac," off topic

Last edited:
Sorry but i dont have GFX0 and it only have display@0 , i used patch change GFX0 to IGPU , maybe is this cause problem ?
Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 10.44.51 PM.png

Attachments

• Tô’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    8.5 MB · Views: 137
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-native-discrete-gpu-power-management.247479

hi @toleda first of all thank you for the great tutorial, but I'm having problem get it to work.

1, the GFX0 never showed up under AGP control. (Please see issue report.zip screen-shot);
2, Mac OS 10.14.3/BIOS(default version)/Motherboard(my profile picture)/i7-8700/MSI RX580
3, followed your step by step guide;
4, please check attached zip
5, please check attached zip
6, please check attached zip

Please let me know if you need anything else. thank you.

Attachments

• issue-report.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 127
@toleda
Thank you for taking the time checking out the issue, Although it didn't show up, but the 580X sees working fine with acceleration. So, I was less worry about it at the moment. I was thinking the GPU was part of the reason caused the Disk eject issue(while sleep wake). but it might not be, it could be something else related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back