Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

What does the X86PlatformPlugin code say the variable does?

Its quite obvious its the minimum CPU frequency, if i change SMBIOS to iMac17,1 i can see CPUFloor = 800, and now my idle frequency is 800Mhz.

Is it not?

Its quite obvious its the minimum CPU frequency, if i change SMBIOS to iMac17,1 i can see CPUFloor = 800, and now my idle frequency is 800Mhz.

Is it not?
You can try to edit the X86PlatformPlugin with Piker Alphas freqVectorsEdit.sh script.

Without the code, no proof.
Why is the minimum CPU frequency so important?

No important at all. Just curious why its 1.3Ghz for iMac19 SMBIOS.

I have a new high Sierra build that works perfectly following CaseySJ's guide. What I can't figure out is why HS ignores my bios settings. The only way the OS sees my overclocks is setting HWP.

Can anyone advise whether EIST / power stepping and OC on Ivy Bridge I7-3700K can occur in Mojave?

Currently 4.5Ghz on OC but had to disable EIST in BIOS to achieve.

[SOLVED]

Backup OS drive and EFI folder to back up drive.

EIST in BIOS set to auto

Load Clover Configurator and mount EFI, load config.plist
In Acpi enable "pluginType"
In Kernel and Kext patches enable "KernalXCPM"
Save config.plist

Reboot

This allowed overclocking and speed stepping with Overclocked values without need for SSDT on my GA-Z77X-UPH TH motherboard.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am confused, I have installed the newest clover version, KernelXCPM Enable, Plugin Tye=1 PiLimit Dict = 0.
But I can't find "PR00@0/plugin-type=1" or X86PlatformPlugin in my IO RegistryExplorer.

So now I have a lot of question :)

- I think when I can't find the IO Registry entry for X86PlatformPlugin or plugin-type=1 some one is wrong?
- I need to generate an ssdt.aml for my cpu or it is supported natively on Mojave 10.14.6?
- Is the boot flag -xcpm and CLOVER -> Kernel and Kext Patches KernelXCPM the same or I need booth?
- So many option but was is the right one (combination) for my system ?

Update:

After sleep over and try again it's working now, X86PlatformPlugin loaded. I don't need an ssdt.aml :)

But intel Power Gadget not show CORE and DRAM in the Power pane?

Many thanks and best regards,

Mac

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-08-11 at 08.19.45.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-11 at 08.19.45.png
    147 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot 2019-08-11 at 08.25.16.png
    Screenshot 2019-08-11 at 08.25.16.png
    194 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Back