Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

See Post #1/Not Considered/2. X58/X79/X99/X299
well thats sad :( is there any working guide or something u could recommend for me doing to get as vanilla as possible pm patch for my x79 and 10.11 and 10.14 ?
Im so tired of this kext editing stuff since 2008 till now not to mention clover changing every month or so and braking my hack.

I really wish there was 1 single ssdt and dsdt that patched and enabled everything like pm etc so one would never have that kext hell ever again :( is that still not possible or am i just not looking in the right place ? :(

sry for the negative post but im not a pro or developer like u amazing people and can barley get the system to boot let along fallow a guide about patch power management or editing ssdt or dsdt.

is there any working guide or something u could recommend for me doing to get as vanilla as possible pm patch for my x79 and 10.11 and 10.14 ?
x79 was never supported natively; "vanilla as possible pm patch" is simply not possible.
Suggestion: search Golden Builds and User Builds Forum for x79. Find users that have successful x79 builds.

I have an i3-8100 Coffe Lake, so I use it as smbios imac 19.2. With smbois 19,2 I only get 7-PStates under AppleIntelInfo.kext. When I use Smbios 18.3, all PStates are displayed under AppleIntelInfo.kext. Does anyone have an explanation for this behavior? With both smbios X86PlatformPlugin is loaded.

Simple, CPU PM works correctly with the correct smbios
But the real iMac 19,2 Gas the exact Same Processor i3-8100 coffee lake.

Hello. I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me understand why i can't get proper native power management with iMac19,2 SMBIOS.

So, my CPU is i7-8700 (not K). Base frequency is 3.2, turbo boost is 4.6. I'm running MacOS 10.14.5 with SMBIOS set to iMac19,2

The model of real iMac 19,2 comes with exactly the same CPU (i7-8700 3,2GHz). So it should be a perfect match, but it is not. I can't get a proper power management with this SMBIOS, my idle frequency does not go lower 1.30 GHz, but must go to 800MHz. I did everything as described in this guide (disabled Generate P/C states, set PluginType=true, BIOS settings set to DEFAULT), but it still don't go lower 1.3GHz.

Now, if i let Clover set my SMBIOS model, it set it to iMac18,3 which is 2017 line (pre CoffeLake!) and in this case my PM is working and CPU is idling at 800MHz.

I would really want to know why i can't get proper PM with iMac19,3 if it has EXACTLY the same CPU.

I would appreciate any help and ideas here. Thanks.
I see the exact same behavior with my I3-8100. The processor matches iMac19,2. Its also in the real iMac19,2. But with this SMBIOS the low Frequency goes only to 1,3GHz and also AppleIntelInfo.kext shows me seven P-States instead of 29.
With SMBIOS 18,x the low frequency from the processors goes to 0,8GHz and I can see all P-States in AppleIntelInfo.kext.

Hello. I'd really appreciate if anyone could help me understand why i can't get proper native power management with iMac19,2 SMBIOS.

So, my CPU is i7-8700 (not K). Base frequency is 3.2, turbo boost is 4.6. I'm running MacOS 10.14.5 with SMBIOS set to iMac19,2

The model of real iMac 19,2 comes with exactly the same CPU (i7-8700 3,2GHz). So it should be a perfect match, but it is not. I can't get a proper power management with this SMBIOS, my idle frequency does not go lower 1.30 GHz, but must go to 800MHz. I did everything as described in this guide (disabled Generate P/C states, set PluginType=true, BIOS settings set to DEFAULT), but it still don't go lower 1.3GHz.

Now, if i let Clover set my SMBIOS model, it set it to iMac18,3 which is 2017 line (pre CoffeLake!) and in this case my PM is working and CPU is idling at 800MHz.

I would really want to know why i can't get proper PM with iMac19,3 if it has EXACTLY the same CPU.

I would appreciate any help and ideas here. Thanks.

Back