Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

But why does the Intel Gadget only show 2 or 3 different frequencies?
The graph shows all frequencies hit, the table shows ridiculously variable intervals; reduce the interval to get more meaningful measurements
AppleIntelInfo says that it's working
Shows what P states were hit at least once, not sufficient to conclude PM is working
Intel Gadget shows only a couple of frequencies in the log
See above
IPG/Frequency shows CPU PM working

Last edited:
No files attached, no clue
See Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

Oh, sure. Excuse me. Here is everything i could gather.

Attachments

• Problem Report.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
Wrong mac model
See Post #1/Settings
Fix config.plist
Restart
See Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

Hmm, so i need to use iMac 18, definition...Could u please explain in few words why? iMac18 comes with Kaby Lake, but my cpu is Coffee Lake...i always been told to choose smbios definiton which is as close as possible to my original hardware. Especially since iMac 19,2 comes exactly with i7-8700

Thank you for your help.

Hmm, so i need to use iMac 18, definition...Could u please explain in few words why? iMac18 comes with Kaby Lake, but my cpu is Coffee Lake...i always been told to choose smbios definiton which is as close as possible to my original hardware. Especially since iMac 19,2 comes exactly with i7-8700

Thank you for your help.

Are you using 18.3 or 19.2 System definition?

Hello.

I have the following case:
1. I have a newly installed Mojave 10.14.4 on Asus Z390A-Prime, i5-8400 and RX560.
2. I set PluginType=true inside the config.plist.
3. Check into IOReg, x86PlatformPlugin is loaded under PRO0@0 (it is not CPU0@0 as the guide stated).
4. I ran Hackintool to patch my framebuffer, creating a Headless system using 18,3 system definition.
5. After resetting the system, x86PlatformPlugin no longer loaded (search cannot find any x86PlatformPlugin).
6. Disable the PluginType=true and enable again, but no difference (x86PlatformPlugin still not loaded).

I didn't have a chance yet to run the AppleIntelInfo before and after, but I do the following test using Cinebench and Intel Power Gadget with the following result:
1. System idle then run Cinebench.
Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 23.22.39.png

2. Finish Cinebench then system idle

3. System idle then running Cinebench again

I attach Problem Reporting files, even though without the requested problem reporting files, hopefully somebody is willing to look at my case and give advise about what is going on and how to enable the CPU PM?

Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_21408.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
Back