Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Is there anything I can do for iGPU, or should I leave it as is. (1,25Ghz all the time)
1.25 GHz is native for AirPlay Mirroring (Intel Quick Synch) support, nothing to do

[deleted]

Last edited:
What about C6 state? Should we disable it with PluginType=Yes?

I have a i5 8600k and a Asus z370-f motherboard...in the supported CPU list it says "Coffee Lake/UHD630+ (Core i3/5/i7 8xxx, 8th Generation; 300 Series, except Z370, motherboards)". Does that mean that Power Management doesn't work for me, no matter what I try? Also in the table with the Settings it says that coffee lake works with "300_Series (-Z370)" :(

I tried putting PluginType=true in my config, so normally it should work. However, while AppleIntelInfo shows every Step and Intel Power Gadget shows what seems to be functioning Power Management, if I look into a log from the Intel Power Gadget, it only shows a couple of frequencies, i think 1300MHz, 3600MHz and 4200MHz. HWMonitor also shows the same thing, only a couple different frequencies. I hope somebody can help...
(everything needed should be in the attachment, including intel power gadget log and screenshot and appleintelinfo)

Attachments

• debug_21609.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 185
it says "Coffee Lake/UHD630+ (Core i3/5/i7 8xxx, 8th Generation; 300 Series, except Z370, motherboards)"
Z370 is not the Coffee Lake chipset, it is the Kaby Lake chipset. The table says Kaby_Lake/200_Series +Z370

Z370 is not the Coffee Lake chipset, it is the Kaby Lake chipset. The table says Kaby_Lake/200_Series +Z370
First of all thanks for answering :)
But I have an 8600k in the Asus z370-f, that's coffee lake...kaby lake is 7th generation

Back