Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

I have inserted the command "sudo kextunload AppleIntelInfo.kext" in terminal
kextload required before Kextunload can run
Post Terminal output (Terminal/Shell/Export Selected Text As ...)

Attachments

• Terminal Saved Output.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Here is the output
Not correct:
cd /Users/jaminwang/Desktop/AppleIntelInfo.kext

Correct:
Post #1/sudo kextload AppleIntelInfo.kext (Drag kext to terminal window)

Or if, Desktop/AppleIntelInfo.kext
cd Desktop
sudo kextload AppleIntelInfo.kext

Last edited:
Hi,
i'm posting here because i think it's my issue is related to a power management problem.
Here is the issue :
After a fresh boot my laptop power consuming according to Intel Power Gadget at idle PKG 0.8 as showed in the screenshot i took attached to this post.
But after the laptop goes to sleep and wake up the Intel Power Gadget shows PKG at idle is 1.3 and never goes lower than that.
I don't see any processes after sleep that are using more cpu than before sleep. I tried to disable most of my kext (AppleALC, bluetooth , wifi etc) but i've always the same result. Could be some CPU power state that got "broken" after sleep ?

Could someone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks
Mattia

Attachments

• debug_11284.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 109
  • BeforeSleep.png
    BeforeSleep.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 113
  • AfterSleep.png
    AfterSleep.png
    95.2 KB · Views: 134
Step #2 in Installation says, "AppleIntelInfo.kext: Download and install" (my emphasis). However, installation "Load" (using the kextload command in terminal) of kext doesn't happen until steps 4 "Baseline" and 9 "Verify." Despite reading through these instructions multiple times, I took literally the instruction to "install" that kext using KextBeast putting it in L/E in step 2.

Bad things then happened requiring a restore from my SuperDuper clone. I found other posts from people doing the same thing and I even saw reports of problems resulting from AppleIntelInfo.kext just sitting on the desktop. So it appears I'm not the only person to ever make this error.

To help others, I might recommend editing step 2 to say something like, "AppleIntelInfo.kext: Download, do not install yet, save in a location other than Desktop, load it using "kextload" command in terminal in steps 4 & 9." Perhaps my edit is too obvious, but hopefully others reading this post will avoid a similar hiccup.

Hi, I have a Z97 setup with 4790K + 1060 GTX + headless iGPU using SMBIOS 15,1.

Does this guide apply for me? (I have tried but iGPU always has fixed frequency of 1,25 ghz and only one pstate)

I will start over If you say yes and provide all the needed files for problem reporting.

Thank you

Back