Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Now I can only boot when I have the nullcpu kext loaded
Boot problems are off topic. Native macOS boots without "nullcpu kext." Suggest a clean install or post to the appropriate Desktop Forum

I have different Settings now than in Post 1016.

CPU PM is working

Not an audio problem
Configuration problem specific to your system, likely, USB

Yes I know that already, I have mentioned it twice in my posts.

Do you have any idea what might be causing USB usage to spike my CPU speeds?
I have a similar motherboard to yours.

Never experienced the problem, no suggestions.
Would you be so kind to share your config.plist with me? (Via pm if you don't want it publically available)

I just want to compare what you have against mine, since we share almost similar motherboards (Maximus series), and see if I have overlooked something there that might be causing this issue?

Would you be so kind to share your config.plist with me? (Via pm if you don't want it publically available)

I just want to compare what you have against mine, since we share almost similar motherboards (Maximus series), and see if I have overlooked something there that might be causing this issue?

What you have done so far to configure your USB ports. USBInjectAll.kext? An SSDT? FakePCIID and FakePCIID_XHCIMux kexts?

Probably not an Audio problem as such. Consider just the USB angle.

What you have done so far to configure your USB ports. USBInjectAll.kext? An SSDT? FakePCIID and FakePCIID_XHCIMux kexts?

Power management seems key here.

Thanks for your suggestion, I will go ahead and make a thread.

By the way, my problem is indeed not an Audio issue, but a USB issue. This happens for all USBs when used, the audio was just an example. My webcam, my mouse or my audio interface when used cause a spike @ max speed.

For my USB ports I am using USBInjectAll with a custom SSDT, alongside with FakePCIID and FakePCIID_XHCIMux kexts. The only issue I have with usb per se, is that I cannot rename my EC0 device to EC (as described in my post here)

@toleda
After I have inserted the command "sudo kextunload AppleIntelInfo.kext" in terminal this is the output i got.

"Can't open CFBundle for /Users/jaminwang/Desktop/AppleIntelInfo.kext/AppleIntelInfo.kext."

I did follow the instruction but couldnt get it working

INSTALLATION:
Baseline
  • IOReg
    • File/Save a Copy As...
  • AppleIntelInfo.kext (see, Tools/3., below)
    • Terminal/$ (Drag kext to terminal window)
      Code:
      sudo kextload AppleIntelInfo.kext
      • Permissions problem, Terminal/$
        Code:
        cd (Drag kext to terminal window)
        sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleIntelInfo.kext
        sudo chmod -R 755 AppleIntelInfo.kext
        sudo kextload AppleIntelInfo.kext
    • Let system idle for 2 minutes, then
    • Terminal/$
      Code:
      sudo cat /tmp/AppleIntelInfo.dat
      sudo kextunload AppleIntelInfo.kext
    • Terminal/Select AppleIntelInfo.kext output
    • Terminal/Shell/Export Selected Text As ...

Back