Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

@toleda I've got power management correctly set on my Kaby Lake system but notice that when running a test video (Sony Japanese Camping Video), my GFX score in IPG only jumps up to .38 and stays there for the entire video. With almost 1,000 posts, there are too many of them to go back through. Is this a normal maximum for the HD630 or is there something else I need to set/another forum thread I need to read in order to raise the GFX score?

my GFX score in IPG only jumps up to .38 and stays there for the entire video.
IPG screenshot????
No files attached, no idea.
See Post #1/Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

Hi,
i'm not sure if my Power Management is setup properly.
My x86platformplugin is under PRO0 instead of CPU0 so i don't know. Could please someone check if everything is ok ?
Inside debug file there is also the IPG screenshot and the AppleIntelInfo.kext text report

Thanks
Mattia

Attachments

• debug_10297.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 148
IPG screenshot????
No files attached, no idea.
Sorry. I meant that as a general question more than a problem since HWP IS working on my system. I was just wondering if the IGPU uses the same clock as the CPU or not and if a correctly configured system behaves like that (IGPU maxing out at .38 (380MHz?) or if it's supposed to mirror the HPM ups and downs of the CPU (800MHz to 3.8GHz depending on load).

I have a question. Is X86PlatformPlugin really necessary? I'm asking 'cause if I do the steps on this guide I get no PM, my CPU don't go below 2.69GHz (with PluginType=1 / Generate>PluginType=YES in config.plist with tonymacx86 latest Clover build) [see attachment 1]
The same happens with ssdtPRGen (frequency don't go below 2.69GHz without PluginType options enabled on config.plist, I did it this way 'cause the SSDT comes with PluginType = 1 declared) [see attachment 2]
And finally, with nothing of PluginType on config.plist and no SSDT for PM but with -xcpm boot flag I get this [attachment 3] but no X86PlatformPlugin is loaded
So my question is, do I need X86PlatformPlugin to be loaded or I'm fine without it?

do I need X86PlatformPlugin to be loaded or I'm fine without it?
Missed Post #1/Settings: Haswell/4xxx/HD4600+
IOReg/CPU0@0/.../X86PlatformPlugin/PluginType=1: YES

See Post #1/Installation, use this method

Last edited:
Back