Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Did you reboot? If yes, previously attached files are useless.
Attach new files as previously requested.

I followed the guide exactly. I rebooted between doing the baseline test and the pm tests as instructed in the guide. My zip includes new files for both baseline and pm.

Attachments

• pm-test.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:
AppleLPC.kext is loading, ssdt works.
Set config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KernelPm/NO
Restart, reply with new files

I tried but system will not boot without KernelPm, presumably because my CPU is Haswell and it has a locked MSR, as shown in the bootlog.txt I attached with my files zip.

Last edited:
I have KernelPm=NO with 4770K and BIOS with locked MSR, working PM
Try iMac14,1 sysdef, reply with new files

Still not booting with KernelPm off and iMac14,1 SMBIOS.

Please note the CPU I am attempting this with is i5 4570S.

I have another hack with i7 4790K and like you I can boot that without using KernelPm.

Is KernelPm required to be off to get native pm working?

Can you tell me specifically what is in my latest files that shows that PM is not working please?

Still not booting with KernelPm off and iMac14,1 SMBIOS
Set KernelPm=YES
Keep iMac14,1
Please note the CPU I am attempting this with is i5 4570S
I had a 4670S, also with KernelPm=NO
Can you tell me specifically what is in my latest files that shows that PM is not working please?
IPG shows max non turbo
AII shows nothing between 8 and 29

Reply with new files

Set KernelPm=YES
Keep iMac14,1

I had a 4670S, also with KernelPm=NO

IPG shows max non turbo
AII shows nothing between 8 and 29

Reply with new files

Original post

New files attached, thank you.

I can see in ioreg with iMac 14,1 SMBIOS selected GFX0 is not there anymore, this makes sense because that real mac does not have a discrete gfx card in it, whereas 14,2 and 14,3 do. I should have realised this sooner...At least that is cleared up...

In regards to KernelPm, it is strange that you can run without it turned on. I thought it was absolutely necessary with locked MSR CPUs. Does your bootlog not mention it being patched at all?

I ran the test for a lot longer this time and can see more p-states were activated. Does the ( ) around the number mean thats what p-state was selected at that point?

IPG still shows idling at non-turbo frequency of 2.9. Are you suggesting it should be idling at turbo frequency of 3.6?

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• pm-test-2.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 81
@Toledo can you tell if CPU power management is working correctly? I believe it is from the guide on post 1, but here is my requested files just to be sure everything is working as it should also I have turbo and speed step turned on in the bios, not sure if it is making a difference or not.

Attachments

• debug_24354.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 86
Does the ( ) around the number mean thats what p-state was selected at that point?
Yes
IPG still shows idling at non-turbo frequency of 2.9. Are you suggesting it should be idling at turbo frequency of 3.6?
IPG shows your system is very busy, not idling. Idle, no CPU load, is 800 MHz.
PM is working.

Back