Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

don't understand the differences between this post and that post.
Linked post describes what to do to make a PM ssdt. This post describes what to do to make PM work without a PM ssdt.

My laptop is Kaby Lake HD615, what can I do for PM?? (In your articles, only support HD630+)

Hello toleda,
before trying out your PM for iGPU and CPU I was wondering if the second methods (SSDT) was compatible with your other Guides (Primary Discrete working with iGPU) SSDT-HD4000-AirPlay. What got me concerned is the "GFX0 to IGPU" part.
Best vzvl

What got me concerned is the "GFX0 to IGPU" part.
The ssdt does the same and injects the AirPlay framebuffer. However, the Clover patch disables the ssdt and Clover does not consider the AirPlay framebuffer.

question: i am running an 8700k with a z370 board. originally i used smbios imac 18,3 but had to move to 18,1 since my RX 560 did not work properly under 18,3.

i have noticed that i seem to have fewer power states when using 18,1 - i never see my cpu frequency drop below 2.5GHz whereas under 18,3 i think i had seen as low as 1GHz.

is the right thing to do here to turn set PluginType to false and just use the linked ssdt_xcpm that's linked in post #1? or do i have to extract some SSDT info after booting with 18,3 and compile that into a "custom" xcpm?

thanks for any ideas

i have noticed that i seem to have fewer power states when using 18,1 -
What are you looking at?
i never see my cpu frequency drop below 2.5GHz whereas under 18,3 i think i had seen as low as 1GHz.
What are you looking at?
is the right thing to do here to turn set PluginType to false and just use the linked ssdt_xcpm that's linked in post #1?
Outcome is the same with either method; one or the other.
do i have to extract some SSDT info after booting with 18,3 and compile that into a "custom" xcpm?
No.
Currently, macOS has no native Coffee Lake support.
CPU PM: 18.1 or 18.3, no difference

Last edited:
OK - it's coffee lake, though. but i think that's what you meant as imac18 has i7700 right?

i am looking at the intel power gadget. i have not had time to reboot to install AppleIntelInfo.kext yet to see if all the states are really the same. it might just be that my "idle" load is high enough that the CPU is kept in a higher state.

Back