Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

sorry.. I don't understand which steps I shall go into ...

what is the difference between step 5 and step 6, (PM ssdts?)

i am not sure which one I should go for...

all i know is , for the below setting, I have no entry in my config.plist ... does it mean I should go for step 5??
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Generate/PluginType/
  • No entry or NO (with XCPM ssdt or ssdtPRGen ssdt)
  • YES (no PM ssdt)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Plugin Type works in Sierra or only in High Sierra?

Plugin Type works in Sierra or only in High Sierra?
Intel Speed Step has been supported since Intel Core i/3rd generation processors and macOS 10.8 (IOReg/X86PlatformPlugin). Clover SSDT/Generate/PluginType works correctly with v4307 and newer.

Missed Post #1, this guide supports Intel Core i/4th generation and newer and macOS releases since 10.10.

Last edited:
Intel Speed Step has been supported since Intel Core i/3rd generation processors and macOS 10.8 (IOReg/X86PlatformPlugin). Clover SSDT/Generate/PluginType works correctly with v4307 and newer.

This guide supports Intel Core i/4th generation and newer and macOS releases since 10.8.

Thank you, Toleda. I leave it checked. Not at home now, but watching on the Intel program, it keeps at 4.8GHz (I did OC on my 8700k) during a render at the premiere, for example. I say this because I did not read anything about the Plugin Type with 8700k in the Sierra.

Thank you, Toleda. I leave it checked. Not at home now, but watching on the Intel program, it keeps at 4.8GHz (I did OC on my 8700k) during a render at the premiere, for example. I say this because I did not read anything about the Plugin Type with 8700k in the Sierra.

Hmmm ... that's why you need FakePCIID to run, right? Is that what they call "spoof"?

Please fill out your hardware profile so we know what you are working with. Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

As for
Generate/PluginType/
  • No entry or NO (with XCPM ssdt or ssdtPRGen ssdt)
  • YES (no PM ssdt)

Have you placed a PM ssdt (either XCPM or ssdtPRGen) in your EFI/CLover/ACPI/Patched folder? If so, then you do not need to set clover to PluginType=yes.

This is my profile:
  1. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
High Sierra / Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A-rev-10 / F3 BIOS version / I5-4460/ build in GPU

>> Have you placed a PM ssdt (either XCPM or ssdtPRGen) in your EFI/CLover/ACPI/Patched folder? If so, then you do not need to set clover to PluginType=yes.

NO.. i have not placed any of these files to that folder.

BTW, I dun see any of these when I use Xcode to edit the config.plist file as well

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
GPU: All Systems/Clover/config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Item 0/Intel GPU PM- Rename GFX0 to IGPU

Last edited:
Back