Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

ran Geekbench tests
My mistake, load AppleIntelInfo.kext, start IPG, run benchmark, short idle, take scream shots, cat AppleIntelInfo.kext and unload.

My mistake, load AppleIntelInfo.kext, start IPG, run benchmark, short idle, take scream shots, cat AppleIntelInfo.kext and unload.
No problem. Here are the new files. I have included pre-benchmark screenshot, along with IPG screenshots during CPU and Compute tests. The appleintelinfo output is attached too.

Attachments

• AppleIntel Terminal Saved Output.txt
    16.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Before Benchmark Test.png
    Before Benchmark Test.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 113
  • During Compute Benchmark.png
    During Compute Benchmark.png
    81.8 KB · Views: 88
  • During CPU Benchmark Test.png
    During CPU Benchmark Test.png
    84 KB · Views: 156
new files
AppleIntelInfo shows actual minimum freq at 1300, s/b 800; verify BIOS
AppleIntelInfo shows no HD 630 PM, see Post #1/Requirements/3. System Definition/SMBIOS/3. Native IGPU PM
IPG shows Power far from limit, try Cinebench.

AppleIntelInfo shows no HD 630 PM, see Post #1/Requirements/3. System Definition/SMBIOS/3. Native IGPU PM
I will do as you suggested and report back. Also, I was curious what does Platform Power Management option in the BIOS does?

So I added the the GFX0 to IGPU patch in Clover > ACPI. Also changed the PluginType=1. It was previously set as 0. However, I am not sure how to check the min freq in BIOS (Sorry for being dumb in this case). After the above changes, I rebooted the machine, loaded kext, took cinebench for both CPU and OpenGL, idle 1-2 minutes, appleintelinfo output, kext unload.

Here are the file. The screenshot was taken just after the test.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 12.04.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 12.04.43 PM.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 125
  • Terminal Saved Output.txt
    17.3 KB · Views: 113
Not correct, set to 0.
See Post #1 for IPG/Cinebench GPU and CPU screenshot, no correlation.
Made the edit. PluginType=0
Rebooted. Kext load, cinebench cpu, half minute idle, cinebench OpenGL, idle, cat appleintel, kextunload. Here are the screenshots and appleintelinfo data. I hope it is correct now :/

The screenshots were taken a few seconds later the test started. I have attached it for both the tests - CPU and OpenGL.

Attachments

• During CPU Cinebench.png
    During CPU Cinebench.png
    52 KB · Views: 188
  • During Open GL Cinebench.png
    During Open GL Cinebench.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Terminal Saved Output.txt
    16.6 KB · Views: 78
Back