Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    133.2 KB · Views: 54
GPU: Rename GFX0 to IGPU (two methods, select one patch method)
  • SSDT patch: Intel Graphics HDMI audio ssdt
  • Run AppleHDA HDMI Audio/cloverHDMI, installs
    • EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/SSDT-HDMI-HDxxxx.aml

For GPU PM using SSDT methods, how do I do the patch in the first option? I would do the AppleHDA HDMI Audio method, but multiple sets of nested threads due to revisions/method changes has made it very difficult to follow the instructions.

Can I skip the step 7?
GPU: All Systems/Clover/config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/Item 0/Intel GPU PM- Rename GFX0 to IGPU

Because in this Guide there is a part about disable or delete "rename Gfx0 to IGPU"

Prerequisites

Installing WhatEverGreen will take care of renaming all of the required ACPI identities for us so if you have any of the following Clover ACPI Fixes/Renames in your config.plist you should remove or disable them:-
  • Change/Rename GFX0 to IGPU
  • Change/Rename PEG0 to GFX0
  • Change/Rename HECI to IMEI
The above Clover ACPI Fixes/Renames use a global/generic method of renaming the ACPI identities in the DSDT that can cause problems for us later on. WhatEverGreen finds the DSDT code that requires new ACPI identities using device specific identifiers and thus does a much better job.

Note: There is one exception to the above rule, if you have a laptop and are using @rehabmans method to enable the backlight control then you should keep the Change/Rename GFX0 to IGPU ACPI fix in place otherwise the code in the hot-patch SSDT-PNLF.aml will not work correctly.

Run Activity Monitor/View/All Processes, Hierarchically and IPG for 5 minutes
Attach screenshot of both.
Thank you for your answer.

385565 385566

Back