Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

No ioreg in this debug zip. Please check your files carefully before upload.

I believe, now it is attached. Done it all with gen_debug.sh tool with success.

Attachments

• debug_18082.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 50
I believe, now it is attached. Done it all with gen_debug.sh tool with success.

This setup looks ok (as far as CPU PM). You should test pstates with AppleIntelInfo.kext.

Also, AppleLPC is not loading, so that is something else you should check into (inject valid FakeID for LPC).

This setup looks ok (as far as CPU PM). You should test pstates with AppleIntelInfo.kext.

Also, AppleLPC is not loading, so that is something else you should check into (inject valid FakeID for LPC).

I've made AppleLPC loading and working, but the Frequency of CPU in idle still varies and jumping. Should it be like that ?
New debug attached (after AppleLPC working).

Attachments

• debug_1547.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 56
  • appleintellinfokext.zip
    2 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
but the Frequency of CPU in idle still varies and jumping

You probably have something running in the background that demands CPU resources.
Use Activity Monitor.

You probably have something running in the background that demands CPU resources.
Use Activity Monitor.
nothing unusual....

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2018-12-7 o 22.36.32.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2018-12-7 o 22.36.32.png
    144.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Zrzut ekranu 2018-12-7 o 22.37.01.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2018-12-7 o 22.37.01.png
    58 KB · Views: 92
For you to find... (especially if you're going to post non-english images).
Sorry for non-english pictures... I've made a test now - when I use SSDT generated by PikerAlpha's my CPU idles well @1,6GHz. When I Use only plugintype=yes without SSDT.aml in acpi/patched folder - its frequency is jumping. The only difference between the two methods - when using SSDT.aml - higher Wattage, normal idle frequency, when not using SSDT.aml and only plugintype=yes - lower wattage and idle frequency jumping. In both ways - can't get maximum TDP for this CPU (which is ~70W) in stress tests (Geekbench etc.).

Sorry for non-english pictures... I've made a test now - when I use SSDT generated by PikerAlpha's my CPU idles well @1,6GHz. When I Use only plugintype=yes without SSDT.aml in acpi/patched folder - its frequency is jumping. The only difference between the two methods - when using SSDT.aml - higher Wattage, normal idle frequency, when not using SSDT.aml and only plugintype=yes - lower wattage and idle frequency jumping. In both ways - can't get maximum TDP for this CPU (which is ~70W) in stress tests (Geekbench etc.).

KernelXCPM=true is to be used only if you need it.
If you can get CPU PM working with SSDT.aml and KernelXCPM=false, that is what you should use.

Hi @RehabMan, not sure if you could help to see why PM is not working after upgrading to 10.14? many thanks!

Attachments

• debug_22421.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot 2018-12-08 at 23.02.14.png
    Screenshot 2018-12-08 at 23.02.14.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 77
Back