Contribute
Register

macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

re-applied BIOS requirements :
  • Load Optimized Defaults
  • Verify stock clock
but seems that do not change IPG and AppleIntelInfo outputs

XMP applied (in my system without XMP profile 1 in the bios did not work)!

Hello,
I am having problems to apply the last security update for 10.13.4.
After the first reboot, my machine get stuck at "unsupported cpu reporter". I am also having problems to mount 2,5" usb3 disks on some usb ports. I tried to solve theses problems using the present guide and suggestions made by members but it does not help.
It look like it is related to Power Management so I post my request here (I hope it is the right place).

I have loaded Optimized Default in bios using xmp profile1 and no overclocking.

MacOS 10.13.4
MB: H87N-Wifi (rev.2) - F8
cpu : Intel i3-4330
gpu : onboard HD 4600

All the files needed are inside "H87N-Wifi-PM.zip" except the log file(s) because I don't understand which one to include. Is it /private/var/log/system.log?

I would appreciate any help.

Attachments

• H87N-Wifi-PM.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
@toleda and @RehabMan are you able to advise how to keep the cpu on a locked multiplier at full throttle? I have already disabled EIST and C-states. In Windows, the system stays at my oc-ed 43 multiplier all the time (using a 5960X), but in macOS it still downclocks when idle. How do I force it to stay at just 1 state, that being full throttle all the time?

I've been trying to get my build to go to sleep for weeks. I don't have a baseline to share anymore but I've pretty much done everything I can think of. The problem is the it basically goes to sleep and immediately wakes up. I'm using an 8700K (thats overclocked) and the newer NZXT N7 Motherboard, and a Zotac NVIDIA GeForce 1980Ti Amped! Extreme with a Kranken x52 mounted with a Kranken G12. I'm using the MacPro instead of the iMAC SMBios cause it works better when my build. I've also successfully implemented PM for the GPU but it didn't make a difference. I also have all sort of settings I've tried at this point which may or may not be right however I've managed to get all my PCI cards, USBs, and pretty everything else working properly. Just this damn sleep issue.

I've tried doing the PluginType, PluginType=1, and the XCPM but none of those worked.

I've attached my config.plist and the dump of the AppleIntelInfo

Attachments

• config.plist
    17.1 KB · Views: 134
  • AppleIntelInfo Dump.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 96
I've been trying to get my build to go to sleep for weeks. I don't have a baseline to share anymore but I've pretty much done everything I can think of. The problem is the it basically goes to sleep and immediately wakes up. I'm using an 8700K (thats overclocked) and the newer NZXT N7 Motherboard, and a Zotac NVIDIA GeForce 1980Ti Amped! Extreme with a Kranken x52 mounted with a Kranken G12. I'm using the MacPro instead of the iMAC SMBios cause it works better when my build. I've also successfully implemented PM for the GPU but it didn't make a difference. I also have all sort of settings I've tried at this point which may or may not be right however I've managed to get all my PCI cards, USBs, and pretty everything else working properly. Just this damn sleep issue.

I've tried doing the PluginType, PluginType=1, and the XCPM but none of those worked.

I've attached my config.plist and the dump of the AppleIntelInfo

Your sleep problem is likely USB (or BIOS settings) related, off-topic here.

RehabMan and Toleda, first I would like to say thanks for all the effort you guys have put into helping others and foremost in improving our hackint0sh experiences! I'm not a regular poster but I've followed this thread for ages.

My native PM seems to work fine before sleep, but after waking from sleep, according IPG my CPU stays at maximum. I also added a screenshot of the Activity Monitor, since after sleep it gives a kernel_task at >100% for all the time, any thoughts?

Regards Simania
IPG before Sleep.pngIPG after Sleep.pngActivity Monitor after Sleep.png

Attachments

• IOReg after Sleep.ioreg
    4.1 MB · Views: 129
  • IOReg before Sleep.ioreg
    4 MB · Views: 120
after waking from sleep, according IPG my CPU stays at maximum.
Kernel task > 100 is unusual and likely the problem, explore further
Activity Monitor/All Processes, Hierarchically is more useful
AppleIntelInfo is helpful before and after sleep

Back