Motherboard
MSI H97 GAMING 3
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
HD 4600 & GTX 650 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
well the difference is that when I applied the CPU Native PW change my platform id to mobile, so I made the patch using hacking tool and then recognize the correct platform-id and I see a little improvement in the score in Geekbench
I just checked the thread and found an answer for a similar case from toleda. So, iGPU PM is not required for us.

I have a Z97 setup with 4790K + 1060 GTX + headless iGPU using SMBIOS 15,1.
Does this guide apply for me? (I have tried but iGPU always has fixed frequency of 1,25 ghz and only one pstate)

Is there anything I can do for iGPU, or should I leave it as is. (1,25Ghz all the time)
CPU, yes
IGPU, no

1.25 GHz is native for AirPlay Mirroring (Intel Quick Synch) support, nothing to do

Motherboard
MSI H97 GAMING 3
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
HD 4600 & GTX 650 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, my CPU PM seems working. SMBIOS exactly matches with the CPU I have, iMac15,1 i5-4690 (can be confirmed from everymac), set config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=YES and PM is confirmed from IOReg, CPU0@0/plugin-type=1 and 32 CPUPStates under X86PlatformPlugin. I also see 800MHz for a split second when it's idle. CPU usage and freq seems ok with iStat Menus.

The issue is CPU freq is up and down from 0.8 to 3.9GHz all the time. I just left the system idle for 10 mins or so and activated log in latest version of IPG. Within 1 second, it goes 800MHz, 2300MHz, 1100MHz, 3100MHz while utilization is goes 0 to 20%. IPG no longer shows current freq but in the log I think the first column is current one called CPU Frequency_0. That is where I got the data I wrote above. Another odd thing is CPU Min Freq_0 shows 800 and 700MHz keeps changing.

While in idle 3rd party processes working in the background are:
  • iStat
  • LuLu
  • AdGuard Safari (Safari or any other browsers weren't running)
  • TimeMachine (not sure if it was running, ext hdd is plugged in and it runs in every hour)
  • WireGuard (not active)
  • Adobe Desktop Service (and some other processes belong to Adobe)
Is it normal for freq goes up and down all the time?

I have clean macOS with zero alien kexts/config in the system. Everything comes from clover/efi/kext/other. So I have SIP enabled. I don't have any DSDT file, I have only SSDT-EC in order to run Catalina. I already configured USB ports with USBports.kext.

PS: I don't have these items in the config file. Might be related?
  • DropOEM/NO
  • Generate/CStates/NO
  • Generate/PStates/NO

Thanks!

Motherboard
ASUS X299 Sage/10g
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
Radeon VII
Is there any way to get this working with 10th gen processors yet? I have a 10980xe.

OR is there a way I can help to get it to work?

Thanks

Motherboard
MSI H97 GAMING 3
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
HD 4600 & GTX 650 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@toleda, @pastrychef, hi, in addition to my post above, I've added DropOEM/NO, Generate/CStates/NO, Generate/PStates/NO to my config file and tried but it was the same. Then digging in this thread showed me ssdt_lpcb-9series.aml needed for OS to load AppleLPC, it wasn't loaded before, so I renamed the file as SSDT-LPCB.aml and copied it to patched folder, after restart IOReg shows that AppleLPC is loaded now. X86PlatformPlugin with 32 PStates and X86PlatformShim were already loaded with just PluginType=Yes (without DropOEM and C/PStates/No entries).

I see 800MHz in a split second once in awhile when the OS is idle but as I already mentioned it keeps jumping up and down. Is it normal?

If it is normal, then maybe I don't need extra items (DropOem, C/Pstates) in config file as well as SSDT-LPCB.aml file? Because the results are the same even if AppleLCP loaded or not.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Only PluginType=Yes, AppleLPC not loaded.
IPG.png

PluginType=Yes along with DropOem, C/Pstates, SSDT-LPCB.aml therefore AppleLPC loaded.
IPGnew.png

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I see 800MHz in a split second once in awhile when the OS is idle but as I already mentioned it keeps jumping up and down. Is it normal?

Yes. It's normal. Your system is never idle for long. Just open Activity Monitor and you will see that the system is always doing stuff even when you don't touch the keyboard or mouse.

Motherboard
MSI H97 GAMING 3
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
HD 4600 & GTX 650 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes. It's normal. Your system is never idle for long. Just open Activity Monitor and you will see that the system is always doing stuff even when you don't touch the keyboard or mouse.
So, should I clean up the latest changes I applied (delete DropOem/NO, C/Pstates/NO and SSDT-LPCB.aml)? Without SSDT-LPCB.aml AppleLPC is not loaded, is it ok it is not loaded?

Thanks!

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So, should I clean up the latest changes I applied (delete DropOem/NO, C/Pstates/NO and SSDT-LPCB.aml)? Without SSDT-LPCB.aml AppleLPC is not loaded, is it ok it is not loaded?

Thanks!

I don't know about Z97... I never had one... On Z170-Z390, I've never needed to DropOEM, generate C or P-States, or the SSDT.

Motherboard
MSI H97 GAMING 3
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
HD 4600 & GTX 650 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I don't know about Z97... I never had one... On Z170-Z390, I've never needed to DropOEM, generate C or P-States, or the SSDT.
Is AppleLPC loaded in your case without any of them?

pastrychef

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Is AppleLPC loaded in your case without any of them?

No, but it isn't loaded on real, recent vintage iMacs either.

Here is the IORegistryExplorer output from a real iMac17,1:
Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 10.23.16 PM.png

Here is the IORegistryExplorer output from my hack:
Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 10.23.56 PM.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
MSI H97 GAMING 3
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
HD 4600 & GTX 650 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
No, but it isn't loaded on real, recent vintage iMacs either.
My final question, I have iMac15,1 SMBIOS. Is this considered as "vintage" iMac as well? So, I'm fine without AppleLPC on my iMac15,1 hack?

Thanks!