Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
512K, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
if using native what are your suggestions or tips for config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel and config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches?
Native HD4600:
config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel/YES
config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/AppleRTC/YES

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Gene Z97-3503
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have Mojave 10.14.4 installed. Lately I realized the following problem:

I have USB audio input and output devices:
a Focusrite scarlet 2i2 audio interface
a blue yeti microphone

I noticed when using either of the two, that the cpu power states do not work and it keeps at max CPU speed (verified with IntelPowerGadget) @ 4.4 Ghz.
And what I mean by using is just playing music through iTunes (or watching a video on Youtube) and recording a memo via Voice Memos or Evernote.

Same happens when I use my Webcam (a Microsoft LifeCam studio) in programs like photoboot, or facetime.

edit: Also I verified that moving my mouse just spikes @4.4ghz and stays there so long as I move the cursor

tldr: anything utilizing USB causes a Spike of CPU speed.

I attach my "Problem Reporting" files.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus P7H55
CPU
Xeon x3440
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1050
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi!
I have xeon х3440, But there are no examples for speedstep debugging for this processor. Tell me how to debug speedstep.

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Gene Z97-3503
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
iOS
Attach the missing files from Post #1/Problem Reporting
Hello,

I reattached the Problem reporting files as per post 1. I am unsure if the Console output is correct (I had no File/Export option) so I copy-pasted all the content into textmate.

Let me remind you that my problem with Power managment relies only when I utilize USB ports. If I don't play music, record audio, use my mouse or webcam (which are my usb devices) then the CPU throttles down. Once I start using any of the mentioned devices, it flatlines to 4.4 Ghz.

In the included intel power gadget screenshot, you can see it ramping up and down (Photos was syncing in the background hence some ups and downs), and in the middle I started playing music through my USB audio interface and it spiked to 4.4Ghz. Same happens if I utilize my mouse, or mic or webcam.

I have a similar motherboard to yours (although you have the ITX version, and i have the mATX version).

OSX Version: 10.14.4
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VII Gene Z97
BIOS: 3503
CPU: i7 4790K
GPU: RX580

Sorry if I haven't included the correct files again. I am trying my best to navigate through this thread, the faq and other posts to minimise the chance of mistake, but it seems very possible I have made an error, again.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus P7H55
CPU
Xeon x3440
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1050
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS