Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> macOS Monterey update failure (Asus GL522VW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
RAZER Blade 15" 2020 Advanced
CPU
i7-10875H @ 2.30ghz
Graphics
Intel UHD 10th gen / nVidia RTX 2080 Super MAX-Q
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello tonymacx86 community!

I'm having an issue installing the macOS Monterey update on my ASUS GL552VW Laptop.

I've got everything working in Big Sur including iServices without a problem.

Hardware
Model Identifier : MacbookPro13,3
CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Generation : Skylake
Graphics : Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 (Supported) & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960m (Not Supported)

Opencore
EFI folder linked below

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• OC.zip
    34.7 MB · Views: 182

I'm having an issue installing the macOS Monterey update on my ASUS GL552VW Laptop.

Hardware
Graphics : Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 (Supported) & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960m (Not Supported)

Opencore
EFI folder linked below

what is the issue?

When I boot the installer, I get to around 10 percent (according to verbose boot) and a ton of lines go across the display before I can see anything and crashes. When I use the DEBUG branch of OC, it won't boot past EXIT.BS

When I boot the installer, I get to around 10 percent (according to verbose boot) and a ton of lines go across the display before I can see anything and crashes. When I use the DEBUG branch of OC, it won't boot past EXIT.BS
should not be using a DSDT.aml with opencore

MacBookPro13,1 would be a better choice

make sure to use latest version of OpenCore

should not be using a DSDT.aml with opencore

MacBookPro13,1 would be a better choice

make sure to use latest version of OpenCore
Removed dsdt.aml - worked

I’m using MacbookPro13,3 because it fits my system spec better and I (may or may not) have a valid s/n for that

Updating to the latest open core broke the OC ui and now my macOS install refuses to boot past (image below)

Edit: forgot to add, FileVault is enabled on the macOS partitiion

Edit #2: After a bit of tinkering and reading around, I found that my config.plist needed some changes (specifically the way drivers are written in config.plist) to go from 0.7.1 > 0.7.4
irk
I've now got the more friendly GoldenGate UI working in OpenCore at the moment as before. OpenCore will also boot beyond "AAPL: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] {date&timestamp}" but almost immediately encounters a kernel panic...

Edit #3: This is getting extensive... I can now boot into macOS on v0.7.4, some of my kexts though (Voodooi2c and asusSMC) are not working. Kernel panic was cause by my system fw not supporting MATs. Enabled Booter > Quirks > EnableWriteUnprotector to fix boot.

Edit #4: Got VoodooI2C and AsusSMC working now on latest OC. Required Re-enabling DSDT.aml due to I2C, GPIO, and SMC being patched there... Going to try to natively install Monterey now... Will update soon.

Got Monterey installed! Now just need to update a few jests and we’ll be good to go

Attachments

• C27CCF47-68FB-46C9-BEA7-F8819547E387.jpeg
    C27CCF47-68FB-46C9-BEA7-F8819547E387.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Hey, can you share your OC , main in the same laptop and I problem in wifi and upragthe OC. Thank You.

Hey, can you share your OC , main in the same laptop and I problem in wifi and upragthe OC. Thank You.
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Hardware

Opencore
EFI folder linked below

Hello, could you pass me the configuration you use for big sur please.

Removed dsdt.aml - worked

I’m using MacbookPro13,3 because it fits my system spec better and I (may or may not) have a valid s/n for that

Updating to the latest open core broke the OC ui and now my macOS install refuses to boot past (image below)

Edit: forgot to add, FileVault is enabled on the macOS partitiion

Edit #2: After a bit of tinkering and reading around, I found that my config.plist needed some changes (specifically the way drivers are written in config.plist) to go from 0.7.1 > 0.7.4
irk
I've now got the more friendly GoldenGate UI working in OpenCore at the moment as before. OpenCore will also boot beyond "AAPL: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] {date&timestamp}" but almost immediately encounters a kernel panic...

Edit #3: This is getting extensive... I can now boot into macOS on v0.7.4, some of my kexts though (Voodooi2c and asusSMC) are not working. Kernel panic was cause by my system fw not supporting MATs. Enabled Booter > Quirks > EnableWriteUnprotector to fix boot.

Edit #4: Got VoodooI2C and AsusSMC working now on latest OC. Required Re-enabling DSDT.aml due to I2C, GPIO, and SMC being patched there... Going to try to natively install Monterey now... Will update soon.

Got Monterey installed! Now just need to update a few jests and we’ll be good to go
i´ve got the same laptop, can you share the efi??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back