Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 7090
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
AMD > Need model name > See Rules!
Dang it!

Using the OpenCore install guide at https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/comet-lake.html#starting-point

For iGPU it links out to this WhateverGreen FAQ: https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

I'm ... not smart enough to figure out what it's trying to tell me to do.

USB boots, runs through a bunch of rapidly-scrolling text, then the video signal drops and my monitor goes to sleep. Can anyone look at my config.plist and tell me what I'm missing?

(Note - this is an unedited upload with my freshly-generated serials and etc.)

Attachments

• ProZak512-Opti7090-EFI.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 133
Turns out the Opti only has a 260W psu and can’t be easily upgraded. That plus the Dell DVMT BIOS thing for onboard graphics tells me I should move on; I’ve ordered a Precision 3650 instead. :)

Turns out the Opti only has a 260W psu and can’t be easily upgraded. That plus the Dell DVMT BIOS thing for onboard graphics tells me I should move on; I’ve ordered a Precision 3650 instead.
Your Optiplex only has a 260W PSU but is equipped with a 8 core i7 10700?

Your CPU is going to be severely hampered.

Did Dell really make such a machine? I would consider it unacceptable and dismiss it out of hand.

The Precision 3650 is apparently configured with a 11th generation Intel CPU. Please note that the integrated GPU in 11th generation CPUs is NOT supported on MacOS.

Your Optiplex only has a 260W PSU but is equipped with a 8 core i7 10700?

Your CPU is going to be severely hampered.

Did Dell really make such a machine? I would consider it unacceptable and dismiss it out of hand.

The Precision 3650 is apparently configured with a 11th generation Intel CPU. Please note that the integrated GPU in 11th generation CPUs is NOT supported on MacOS.
I put up a new post here with the particulars. My new Precision has an i7-10700 and a 460W PSU. :) Thanks for taking a moment to comment here, I really appreciate it.

-Zak-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back