Contribute
Register

macOS Monterey is Now Available From the Mac App Store

Up and running. I gotta say now that I am using Opencore, this is much easier. I updated OC from 0.6X to 0.7.4 with https://hackindrom.zapto.org/ then just used system updater. I was in verbose mode and sat and watched. If I could get the text scrolling by as it did stuff in green, might have looked like the Matrix, but sideways... Thanks to TonyMac community and @CaseySJ for all he has done here. Wondering what the Z690 boards will bring. I do have an M1Max 14" MB Pro coming next week. I think the future is having the GPU and RAM all on the same die as the CPU cores. Not sure how that will bode with Hackintoshing but we shall see. Intel is not going away.

This is an Andrew O'Hara video review of the Best New Monterey features. Just covers the ones most people will be interested in. Some are M1 Mac only so be aware of that.

Opencore 0.7.4 installation went smoothly.

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 9.28.18 AM.png

I'v just tested and it's working. I'm using BCM94360CS2 WIFI/BT card. No kexts needed.
I did a direct upgrade from BS (11.6) to Monterey RC 1 & then 2 (12.0.1) with OC 0.7.4 and everything appears to work - including BT (using AirportBrcmFixup.kext). AirDrop didn't work at first - I forgot to turn off my VPN. Once I did that, AirDrop worked in both directions. WiFi/BT card is a Fenvi T919 with WiFi-5.

Last edited:
Why are you running such old versions of Photoshop and Acrobat? Maybe updating will resolve your issues.
dont think so. i too faced the problem with adobe audition 2021 v14.4, it just dont open at all, so do some other apps ... thats why i remain on Big Sur on my workstation, but it's normal i guess, never did i update to a new OS till at least january. but i liked monterey, seems a bit faster, ok lets wait and see.

dont think so. i too faced the problem with adobe audition 2021 v14.4, it just dont open at all, so do some other apps ... thats why i remain on Big Sur on my workstation, but it's normal i guess, never did i update to a new OS till at least january. but i liked monterey, seems a bit faster, ok lets wait and see.

Here are the known issues with Adobe apps on Monterey:
Screen Shot 2021-10-29 at 8.29.51 AM.png

Source:https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos12-monterey-known-issues.html

There doesn't seem to be any issues with Audition, at least none that Adobe is aware of.

Installation went smoothly on OpenCore 0.7.4. One note that may be of help to others - I have an Intel I225-V ethernet chip on my motherboard, and had previously been using the kexts FakePCIID and FakePCIID intel i225-v, plus changing device properties at PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1C,0x4)/Pci(0x0, 0x0) - device-ID set as f2150000.

This worked fine on Big Sur, but caused kernel panics about 4-5 minutes post boot on Monterey. The solution was to delete both kexts, remove the device properties entry (you may also have a kernel patch to remove depending on your setup) and add the boot argument dk.e1000=0

This has been reported elsewhere on the forum, but thought it might be useful to have here too!

Back