Contribute
Register

macOS Monterey is Now Available From the Mac App Store

Success GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 with RX 580, i used the actual bootloader OC 0.7.4.
Bluetooth and Wifi is working so far.

Success Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master - 9900K - 5700XT. OpenCore 0.7.4.
Wifi & Bluetooth working just fine. Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 11.45.16_fixed.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-28 at 11.51.16.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-28 at 11.51.28.png

did you test airdrop in "both" direction ?
On my hack I can send file from iPhone to the hack with no issue but in the other way it doesn't work:
the iPhone is detected but when I drop files on, nothing happen
I'v just tested and it's working. I'm using BCM94360CS2 WIFI/BT card. No kexts needed.

It's weird. My post disappeared. Do moderators want to hear only positive reviews? Ok, let me try it again.

Upgrade was done with easy with Opencore 0.7.4. But I experienced many issues. Monterey's Finder got stalled when I tried to access the SMB network drive. The only way to escape from the situation was rebooting. I could workaround the issue by changing the server's SMB settings, but macOS shouldn't have been halted by meer network drive access.

The other issue with Monterey is software incompatibility. Photoshop 2018 and Acrobat Pro 2018 didn't work with Monterey. Some of system libraries that the software was linked to are removed in the Monterey. Someone may say it's not Monterey's fault but your problem or adobe's fault. Well, I don't think so as the system libraries did exist in Big Sur but removed in Monterey. I guess Apple have removed them while improving M1 support.

I got a bluetooth issue but it could be solved by https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/monterey.html#bluetooth.

It's weird. My post disappeared. Do moderators want to hear only positive reviews? Ok, let me try it again.

Upgrade was done with easy with Opencore 0.7.4. But I experienced many issues. Monterey's Finder got stalled when I tried to access the SMB network drive. The only way to escape from the situation was rebooting. I could workaround the issue by changing the server's SMB settings, but macOS shouldn't have been halted by meer network drive access.

The other issue with Monterey is software incompatibility. Photoshop 2018 and Acrobat Pro 2018 didn't work with Monterey. Some of system libraries that the software was linked to are removed in the Monterey. Someone may say it's not Monterey's fault but your problem or adobe's fault. Well, I don't think so as the system libraries did exist in Big Sur but removed in Monterey. I guess Apple have removed them while improving M1 support.

I got a bluetooth issue but it could be solved by https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/extras/monterey.html#bluetooth.

Why are you running such old versions of Photoshop and Acrobat? Maybe updating will resolve your issues.

Why are you running such old versions of Photoshop and Acrobat? Maybe updating will resolve your issues.

2018 version is just 3 year old...

Back