Contribute
Register

macOS Monterey is Now Available From the Mac App Store

If you're already running RC2 (21A599) the update will not show as there is nothing different being offered in the official release apart from all the hype and expectations. :)
Not so in my experience.
I'm running 21A559 on three separate machines and all were offered and are currently downloading Monterey.

My apologies for what might be a dumb question but I saw on the previous page: First version of macOS without NVIDIA graphics support

If I have an NVIDIA card, it won't work? (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2 GB)
NVIDIA card will not work anymore (as of beta 6, I think). I've been using GTX 760 and just found out yesterday.
So I've gone to ebay and overpaid for a used radeon gpu (a risky move, I know).

I usually do a fresh install with new OS's, but feeling lazy about re-installing everything this time around.

I am running OpenCore 074, is it safe to just run the software update from Big Sur 11.6? (I do have 11.6 backed up).
yeah, updating through system preference is fine

Not so in my experience.
I'm running 21A559 on three separate machines and all were offered and are currently downloading Monterey.
That is indeed strange, my experience is also shared by quite a few. I have never experience an update/upgrade not showing up automatically. The only explanation I can imagine is, the update is not pushed as yet to these parts. I will continue to monitor the situation although I am although I am already running 21A599 albeit RC2.

mon.png

Clean install Monterey, Open Core 0.7.5 flawless

Upgraded to Monterey 12.0.1 without a hitch! Glad my BCM94321MC Wifi and Bluetooth are functioning properly.
i7-4790K + RX580 + Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H + OC 0.7.4

Last edited:
Back