Contribute
Register

macOS Mojave To Be Released September 24, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about nVidia drivers, also today?

Hopefully Nvidia doesn't ignore this release. It might take weeks before we see an Nvidia driver for Mojave

I hope i'm wrong as I have a Nvidia 980 TI in my desktop Hackingtosh but I think it's unlikely we'll see anything from Nvidia for a while, they are notoriously slow at updating the MacOS WebDrivers for a new version of MacOS. Lets just hope it's not a repeat of last time when it took them 10 months to release working Nvidia drivers for a new MacOS/architecture.

The way I see it it can go two ways :-

1. We'll get a release in the near future based on the current WebDrivers but they will likely not be very well optimised and we'll have to through months of poor performance / instability like last time before we end up with a stable but compromised solution.

2. With Apple now actively pushing eGPU and VR Support Nvidia do things properly and do a ground up re-write of the drivers optimised to get the best out of their GPU's on MacOS, this will most likely take longer than option 1 but the end result could potentially be better than native AMD Vega support.

I guess only time will tell ....

If money was not an issue I would ditch my 980 Ti and get a Vega 64 but man those cards are expensive and even now with native Vega support in 10.13.6 and Mojave they can be troublesome in some hackingtosh configurations.

For those users with Nvidia 8/9/10 series GPU's I think the best thing to do right now is sit tight and stay on High Sierra, today Mojave comes out of beta and get's it's first full public release which means the pressure will be on Nvidia to do something ... how they respond will dictate the future of Nvidia GPU's on MacOS.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
For those users with Nvidia 8/9/10 series GPU's I think the best thing to do right now is sit tight and stay on High Sierra, today Mojave comes out of beta and get's it's full public 10.14.1 release which means the pressure will be on Nvidia to do something ... how they respond will dictate the future of Nvidia GPU's on MacOS.
Shouldn't it be 10.14.0 ?

Alternatively, you can just search "macOS Mojave" on Mac App Store. It's right there:
Ekran Resmi 2018-09-24 20.14.10.png

Is it possible to "upgrade" the beta of Mojave to the final release ?

I assume : yes ?!

[EDIT] YES

Last edited:
Hopefully Nvidia doesn't ignore this release. It might take weeks before we see an Nvidia driver for Mojave

Hey don't say things like that because other people that don't know about hackintosh will panic for no reason... Nvidia always updated the webdriver a few hours/days after the release... a lot of people said with High Sierra the same stuff and Nvidia updated the webdriver a few hours later... stop saying **** like that, wait first for a few hours days and later if doesn't happen (I have doubts about that because Nvidia always DID IT) we can panic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back