Contribute
Register

macOS Mojave To Be Released September 24, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they will. Attached a screenshot.
how did you get it to work wit beta i got the same specs bro did usb work or not.

can we have the Metal on Mojave hackintosh?

Like this?
zOyf0M6.png

Does anyone else think it's odd that the release date is next Monday but there's still apparently no GM build? I tried the latest public beta the other day and it got stuck at 16% remaining, and that's on a 2017 macbook pro.

I'm not very optimistic about the quality of this initial release. Seems like they're going to release on monday regardless of what state it's in.

how did you get it to work wit beta i got the same specs bro did usb work or not.

The secs in your avatar are different than mine. do you mean usb 3 support ?. you need to add this line too your kernel and kext patches:

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI

find: 83FB0F0F 83030500 00
replace: 83FB0F90 90909090 90

Does anyone else think it's odd that the release date is next Monday but there's still apparently no GM build? I tried the latest public beta the other day and it got stuck at 16% remaining, and that's on a 2017 macbook pro.

I'm not very optimistic about the quality of this initial release. Seems like they're going to release on monday regardless of what state it's in.
i think the gm will be online today or tomorrow.

UnSolid.kext doesn't work for me. Had it in my Kexts/Other folder (Clover on USB installer). Before installing, I formated my m.2 SSD to HFS+ and installer converted it to APFS.

Any ideas?

I tried the latest public beta the other day and it got stuck at 16% remaining, and that's on a 2017 macbook pro.

I have installed every beta version some clean other upgrade all without any issue. I was also able to install it on an external USB/thunderbolt 2 SSD and move that drive to an old Mac Pro 2013 and boot without any issue.

Do any of you know if you can install Mojave directly over Sierra? I've skipped High Sierra so far, but might be cornered into upgrading, was thinking of just skipping High Sierra since we're late in the game here.
Same Question here

Do any of you know if you can install Mojave directly over Sierra? I've skipped High Sierra so far, but might be cornered into upgrading, was thinking of just skipping High Sierra since we're late in the game here.

Same Question here

Yes, it's possible.

Follow my comment to create a Mojave Install dmg and once it's done, mount it and run the app.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/need-help-creating-usb-drive-for-install.260243/#post-1809037

When your computer will reboot, you must select the "Install Mojave" in Clover partition selection.

Don't forget to backup your data before doing it, in case something goes wrong.

I actually did it on a clone of my previous system to be safe, and it worked right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back