Contribute
Register

macOS Mojave To Be Released September 24, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
At today's Apple event, Tim Cook announced that the release date of macOS Mojave will be September 24, 2018. A Golden Master GM version is expected to be released imminently to Developers and Beta testers.

Related:
How to Create a macOS Mojave Public Beta USB
Introducing the macOS Mojave Critter!
Mojave Desktop Support
Mojave Desktop Guides
Mojave Laptop Support
Mojave Laptop Guides
macOS Mojave Public Beta is Now Available
Apple Reveals macOS 10.14 Mojave at WWDC - Available Fall 2018
I really think that is too soon. Apple rushes the hell out of everything. We need them to take some time and perfect things.

Will old machines be supported like high sierra?

We don't know yet whether:

(a) Sandy Bridge and earlier simply won't work without additional hacking because they require specific software support that's been left out of Mojave; or

(b) they will work fine as long as you have a system definition from a supported model of Mac and a video card that supports Metal.

If anyone finds out which it is, please let us know.

We don't know yet whether:

(a) Sandy Bridge and earlier simply won't work without additional hacking because they require specific software support that's been left out of Mojave; or

(b) they will work fine as long as you have a system definition from a supported model of Mac and a video card that supports Metal.

If anyone finds out which it is, please let us know.

Mojave wants SSE4.2 instruction set.
B works, as for A it’s doable with extra efforts there are core2Duo users bypassing the checkpoints and some are using older Sierra or High Sierra graphics kexts to operate. These fixes however are not ideal when it comes to updates.

i don't think it is too soon. we got more beta releases than ever. Mojave seems very stable for a while.
I mean it depends on how many people are working on it at once and how many people are reporting bugs I guess, but it just feels like Apple releases a new OS every week. You can't get great quality at super speed, it just doesn't happen. There needs to be a balance. If it ends up being a great OS then great, but I think it's not likely due to how fast things seem to be moving. What do I know though?

I will say that some of the features announced in Mojave excite me far more than the last few releases. They are finally adding some interesting things, rather than somewhat meaningless features. Like the new metadata view and the dark mode.

I mean it depends on how many people are working on it at once and how many people are reporting bugs I guess, but it just feels like Apple releases a new OS every week. You can't get great quality at super speed, it just doesn't happen. There needs to be a balance. If it ends up being a great OS then great, but I think it's not likely due to how fast things seem to be moving. What do I know though?

I will say that some of the features announced in Mojave excite me far more than the last few releases. They are finally adding some interesting things, rather than somewhat meaningless features. Like the new metadata view and the dark mode.

Dark Mode is cool, and the Vibrant mode which gives you sunrise to sunset variation is awesome. If your holed up in a basement somewhere you can tell whether it’s day or night by the desktop image.

Mojave wants SSE4.2 instruction set.
B works, as for A it’s doable with extra efforts there are core2Duo users bypassing the checkpoints and some are using older Sierra or High Sierra graphics kexts to operate. These fixes however are not ideal when it comes to updates.

So, Sandy Bridge and Clarkdale should work, then? They are both post-Nehslem, which introduced SSE4.2.

Dark Mode is cool, and the Vibrant mode which gives you sunrise to sunset variation is awesome. If your holed up in a basement somewhere you can tell whether it’s day or night by the desktop image.
LMAO holed up in a basement. That's a hilarious take on it. I like that.

Does the Public Beta 10 (probably the unofficial Golden Master) download? I have tried two times and I have got only the old installer, for Public Beta 9.

Is there anything new about Nvidia web drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back