Graphics
RX 6700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Alongside the Big Sur 11.5 and Catalina 2021-004 updates Apple have released a Security Update for macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 22.26.55.png

This was a 1.78 GB download, took 10-15 minutes to install, wasn't timed.

Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 22.39.01.png

Mojave has been updated to (18G9323) with this update.

Run on my Z87X i5-4440 GTX 780Ti system with OpenCore 0.7.1 and all the latest kexts required for the system.

EDIT: 9th August 2021

The Standalone updater for Mojave is now available from Apple - Download, credit Jamesbond007 for confirming its availability.

Last edited:
I didn't notice until I saw the post, thank you very much.
スクリーンショット 2021-07-22 20.44.01.png

Is there a standalone installer? I used to be able to update from the software update but this time after reboot it did not install the update, thank you.

Not as far as I am aware. I used the System Preferences > Software Updater to download the update.

I used Sys Pref-> Software Updater as well with no issues. I'm still rocking Clover 4934, Apple ALC 1.37, Whatevergreen 1.28 and Lilu 1.3.5. Pretty old versions but works well (tried to update some of them once it caused some issues so went back).

mac.png

Last edited:
Is there a standalone installer? I used to be able to update from the software update but this time after reboot it did not install the update, thank you.
macOS Updates from Software Update are saved to /Library/Updates/###-#####, e.g. /Library/Updates/071-44390

Simply chose to restart LATER and save that folder somewhere before update.

In this case, the file to execute is SecUpd2021-005Mojave.pkg.

I waited until the standalone update of the security update was available (which was just a few days ago) to install the update. I cloned the Mojave installation onto a blank hard disk and use that to boot on another system running a Kaby Lake i7 and then use the standalone update to install it. After the update was successfully installed with the system successfully booting, I use the disk to boot my main system and then clone the installation back onto the SSD on my main system.

All seems to work fine afterwards.

The standalone updater of the 2021-005 update has been made available for download from Apple on August 5, a few days ago.

i tried with either standalone update or directly from the updater. it always reboots after this line in the picture.
result is the same with the current clover version, as well with my older 5112 version.

any thoughts on this?!
sec_update_2021-005.jpg

//edit: the problem is with the build #2 in my signature. any help is greatly appreciated.

i tried with either standalone update or directly from the updater. it always reboots after this line in the picture.
result is the same with the current clover version, as well with my older 5112 version.

any thoughts on this?!
View attachment 526649

//edit: the problem is with the build #2 in my signature. any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

Have you considered upgrading to OpenCore yet?

It's a learning curve, I know, but may be worth it going forward. I recently updated Mojave with this Security Update and there were no issues.

The latest versions of Clover incorporate OpenCore elements (as you probably know) to get around problems similar to this.

Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back