Contribute
Register

macOS Mojave Public Beta is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there an explanation for these flags? - I add these guys blindly without really knowing their purpose. Indeed even without them I was still able to boot Mojave no problem. I have the following 3 included -alcbeta -shikigva -lilubetaall and believe the shikigva has something to do with ATI graphics. No idea in truth what it does nor the others... (allow these kexts in beta builds???)

Another one I'm curious about is whatevergreen.kwxt. What was/is it's purpose? I can only assume that the AMD RX cards only had partial support in High Sierra and this was required to get them to behave.... whereas in this mojave beta it would seem there is full native support - I'm running my RX 580 with no bootflags or whatevergreen.kext and assume it doesn't depend on lilu either anymore,,,

Even better - In High Sierra I had something like 5 or 6 kext patches... In this build.... NONE! Loving this! =)

Easiest way to find out what they are for is to go to the project pages for AppleALC.kext, Shiki.kext, and Lilu.kext. There, you will find what all the different arguments are for.

WhateverGreen.kext is for AMD cards. It does quite a few things. Again, best to visit the project page for detailed explanation.

Most of the time, it's possible to boot in to macOS with just FakeSMC.kext but how well it works is another story. Generally, most people try to kext kexts to a minimum, but lots of things just won't work right with out them.

Easiest way to find out what they are for is to go to the project pages for AppleALC.kext, Shiki.kext, and Lilu.kext. There, you will find what all the different arguments are for.

WhateverGreen.kext is for AMD cards. It does quite a few things. Again, best to visit the project page for detailed explanation.

Most of the time, it's possible to boot in to macOS with just FakeSMC.kext but how well it works is another story. Generally, most people try to kext kexts to a minimum, but lots of things just won't work right with out them.

Cheers..... will do. WhateverGreen installed in mojave knows out my Samsung Telly (connected by Displayport -> HDMI cable. Issue is with the display port as straight HDMI (My Asus Monitor) works fine from the Vid card, If I remove WhateverGreen.kext though in mojave.... all 3 monitors working fine!

I'll check these out - thanks again... no idea where to look but already I suspect my suspicions or assumptions were right and this enables them (if needed) in beta builds,,,,

Sorry PC.... I should have been a bit more specific. The pages you linked tell me about the kexts.... but why enter the bootflags?

Think I have now... Yes indeed - assumptions confirmed!

eg.
Code:
Add -lilubeta to enable Lilu on unsupported os versions (10.13 and below are enabled by default).

WhateverGreen.kext - update possibly needed but right now I have no problem with black screen etc and it knocks out one of my monitors so seemingly breaks more than it fixes.

So far only bug I've found (though admittedly I haven't played much with mojave yet) is that no input devices appear in the menu bar audio whereas they do in Sys Prefs.

Last edited:
Sorry PC.... I should have been a bit more specific. The pages you linked tell me about the kexts.... but why enter the bootflags?

Click on the "Releases" tab on those pages and you will find explanations on the arguments.

lilu and whatevergreen, appleALC have been updated for 10.14.
-lilubetaall boot arg no longer needed.
whatevergreen now includes shiki and nvidia, intel and amd fixes.

I managed to install MacOS Mojave on my PC and everything is working fine except my graphic card, its nVidia gtx1060 but I cant find a working driver, is there any?

I am kinda new in MacOS and I am looking for a solution. The idea I came up with is what will happen if you install Wine (the app so you can install Windows apps on MacOS) and install gForce Experience with it?

It was kind of challenge, but now it works!
775 socket, GeForce 210
upload_2018-7-27_9-8-42.png

Last edited:
Another report of successful fresh vanilla install of Mojave Beta 4 on my rig:
MB: Gigabyte B150M-D3H DDR3 (ALC892 + Intel I219V GbE LAN)
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-6500
COOLER: Thermalright HR-01 Plus
IGPU: Intel HD 530
RAM: 8GB Hynix HMT351U6EFR8C DDR3L @1866MHz (OC)
SSD: Crucial MX300 275 Gb SATA
CASE: ANTEC Aria 2
VIDEO: iiyama ProLite XB2380HS @1920x1080

All kexts showing in image below are mandatory to be placed in Clover EFI for a successful boot.
For Audio I used VoodooHDA

Mojave osx86.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back