Contribute
Register

macOS Mojave Public Beta is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no working Nvidia Webdrivers for Mojave, either you wait for Nvidia to release one or use integrated graphics.
I use Pentium G3258 so graphic integration does not support. Are there any natively graphics for Mojave?

I use Pentium G3258 so graphic integration does not support. Are there any natively graphics for Mojave?

I guess any of these are supported: AMD Graphics Cards

Not sure of Nvidia, many older cards (not 9xx or 10xx), has been supported natively up until High Sierra but for Mojave they would have to have support for Metal and I'm not sure of which do.

I guess any of these are supported: AMD Graphics Cards

Not sure of Nvidia, many older cards (not 9xx or 10xx), has been supported natively up until High Sierra but for Mojave they would have to have support for Metal and I'm not sure of which do.

As far as I know, all the cards you linked to will be supported by Mojave.

I have it installed okay and all seems fine apart from lag in Safari.
Other than that, there is no HDA audio - I've played around with a few things and tried using AppleHDA.kext from 10.13.6 as well as native Mojave with exiting latest Lilo.kext and AppleALC.kext but reckon that therein lies the problem (not working with Audio ID 1),,, These kexts will need to be updated to support Mojave Native AppleHDA.kext before we have Realtek ALC sound. Other than this all seems to be in ordnung!

Last edited:
As far as I know, all the cards you linked to will be supported by Mojave.
RX 550 No problem apart from (seemingly) Display port recognition. HDMI and DVI working fine,,,,

>> Sorted by removing whatevergreen.kext

Last edited:
I have it installed okay and all seems fie apart from lag in Safari.
Other than that there is no HDA audio - I've played around with a few things and tried using AppleHDA.kext from 10.13.6 as well as native Mojave with exiting latest Lilo.kext and AppleALC.kext but reckon that therein lies the problem (not working with Audio ID 1),,, These kexts will need to be updated to support Mojave Native AppleHDA.kext before we have Realtek ALC sound. Other than this all seems to be in ordnung!

Sorted Audio problem finally - needed to remove kext patches. Rebooted and voila! All seems fine now. Not sure why inputs not showing though... will investigate this next boot.

Screen.jpg

How do you enter this boot arg in Terminal. I've tried several times and failed. I'm doing something wrong. Could you give the proper syntex. Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 8.15.00 AM.png

How do you enter this boot arg in Terminal. I've tried several times and failed. I'm doing something wrong. Could you give the proper syntex. Thanks
Boot arguments are entered when you boot as the name implies.
You cannot enter them in Terminal.
You can enter them from the Clover menu in Options or they can be added to your config.plist as per previous Post.

is there an explanation for these flags? - I add these guys blindly without really knowing their purpose. Indeed even without them I was still able to boot Mojave no problem. I have the following 3 included -alcbeta -shikigva -lilubetaall and believe the shikigva has something to do with ATI graphics. No idea in truth what it does nor the others... (allow these kexts in beta builds???)

Another one I'm curious about is whatevergreen.kwxt. What was/is it's purpose? I can only assume that the AMD RX cards only had partial support in High Sierra and this was required to get them to behave.... whereas in this mojave beta it would seem there is full native support - I'm running my RX 580 with no bootflags or whatevergreen.kext and assume it doesn't depend on lilu either anymore,,,

Even better - In High Sierra I had something like 5 or 6 kext patches... In this build.... NONE! Loving this! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back